Re: Subject: Re: [NTB] Document Tabs.....

    Message 1 of 5 , Jul 1, 2000
      Hi Bill,

      >>http://www.sureword.com/notetab/zip/dirstuff.zip

      >seventh Clip down="ReOpen Alphabetically"

      OK, I was off a few Clips. <g>

      > While the clip is running, a vertical line from top to bottom
      > of the focused document appears and the small window at bottom
      > says "Reopening files" but nothing changes.
      >
      > I am assuming the Clip is supposed to close the eleven files
      > and reopen them in alphabetical order from left to right? Is
      > there an NTP setting (v4.82) that I need to change? Do I need
      > to run first two clips above also?

      I don't know what would be causing the vertical bar other than a
      display problem. I tested the Clip many times and it always
      reopens them in alphabetical order after closing them. It is a
      relatively simple Clip. It gets all the files in a list that are
      open, sorts them alphabetically, and puts them into an array. It
      then opens them all. I don't know of any setting that would prevent
      it from working. What version of NoteTab are you using, Pro, Light,
      4.82?

      Here is the Clip if anybody wants to try it:

      <--- Copy below this line --->
      H=ReOpen Alphabetically
      ; Last update on 03-08-2000, Sojourner@..., jody
      ; Requires NoteTab version 4.6a
      ; http://www.sureword.com/notetab

      ^!SetHintInfo Reopening files...
      ^!SetScreenUpdate Off

      ^!Save All
      ^!ClearVariable %Files%
      ^!ClearVariable %Reload%
      ^!Set %n%=0

      :Loop
      ^!Inc %n%
      ^!If ^%n% > ^$GetDocCount$ CloseAll
      ^!Set %FileName%=^$GetDocName(^%n%)$
      ^!Append %Files%=^%FileName%^%nl%
      ^!Goto Loop

      :CloseAll
      ^!Close All
      ^!SetListDelimiter ^%nl%
      ^!Set %Files%=^$StrSort("^%Files%";0;1;0)$
      ^!SetArray %ReOpen%=^%Files%
      ^!Set %Count%=^%ReOpen0%
      ^!Set %Index%=0

      :ReOpen
      ^!Inc %Index%
      ^!If ^%Index% = ^%Count% End
      ^!Open "^%ReOpen^%Index%%"
      ^!Goto ReOpen

      <--- Copy above this line, right --->
      <--- click over a Library, and --->
      <--- choose "Add from Clipboard" --->

      Happy Clip'n!
      Jody

      http://www.sureword.com/notetab

      Subscribe, UnSubscribe, Options
      mailto:Ntb-Clips-Subscribe@...
      http://www.egroups.com/group/ntb-clips
      Message 2 of 5 , Jul 1, 2000
        Hi Bill,

        >>> http://www.sureword.com/notetab/zip/dirstuff.zip
        >> seventh Clip down="ReOpen Alphabetically"

        I think what you might be seeing is I have it sorting by the full
        path and file. So you you should see it sorted by directory first
        and then by file name within the directory. I'll have to study it
        some more to see if I can make it do it by the filename only.

        Happy Clip'n!
        Jody

        Message 3 of 5 , Jul 1, 2000
          Hi Bill,

          I think what you might be seeing is I have it sorting by the full
          path and file.

          Here, try this and see if it is what you were expecting. It will
          be a little bit slower, but not too much.

          H=ReOpen Alphabetically II
          ; Last updated on 07-01-2000, Sojourner@..., jody
          ; Requires NoteTab version 4.6a
          ; http://www.sureword.com/notetab
          ; Sorts by file name, not by directory/file name.

          ^!SetHintInfo Sorting, closing, and reopening files...
          ^!SetScreenUpdate Off

          ^!Save All
          ^!ClearVariable %Files%
          ^!ClearVariable %Reload%
          ^!Set %n%=0
          ^!Document Last

          :Loop
          ^!Inc %n%
          ^!If ^%n% > ^$GetDocCount$ CloseAll
          ^!Set %FileName%=^$GetFileName(^##)$|^$GetDocName$
          ^!Append %Files%=^%FileName%^%nl%
          ^!Document Prev
          ^!Goto Loop

          :CloseAll
          ^!Close All
          ^!SetListDelimiter ^p
          ^!Set %Files%=^$StrSort("^%Files%";0;1;0)$
          ^!SetArray %ReOpen%=^%Files%
          ^!Set %Count%=^%ReOpen0%
          ^!Set %Index%=0

          :ReOpen
          ^!Inc %Index%
          ^!If ^%Index% = ^%Count% End
          ^!Set %Delete%=^$StrPos("|";"^%ReOpen^%Index%%";0)$
          ^!Set %Open%=^$StrDelete("^%ReOpen^%Index%%";1;^%Delete%)$
          ^!Open "^%Open%"
          ^!Goto ReOpen

          Happy Clip'n!
          Jody

          Message 4 of 5 , Jul 1, 2000
            Hi All,

            H=ReOpen Alphabetically II

            I'm sorry about the Clips to the Basic list. I wasn't paying
            attention to the Subject prefix [NTB]. :( I get the wet noodle
            out and lash myself with it.

            http://www.sureword.com/notetab

            The NoteTab Basic Discussion List
            mailto:NoteTab-Subscribe@...