Re: [NTB] Search and Replace doesn't work

    Message 1 of 3 , Jul 1 12:22 AM
      Hi Sleepless,

      > I just opened a file that was orginally created by an MS-DOS
      > text editor. The problem is that the file contains Spanish
      > language characters which NoteTab under Windows 95 doesn't
      > display the same way as the DOS text editor.
      >
      > An example is the word "sé" which comes out as "s,"

      I would be guessing at the most part about what is happening
      without seeing the file. If you would like to attach me a file I
      will check it out and see if I can come up with the solution.
      Please send it private eMail and preferably zipped up to
      kjb1611@....

      Thanks!
      Jody

      Clean-Funnies: click and send...
      mailto:c-f@...?subject=Subscribe
    • Eric G.V. Fookes
      Message 2 of 3 , Jul 1 1:40 PM
        Hi Sleepless,

        >I just opened a file that was orginally created by an MS-DOS text
        >editor. The problem is that the file contains Spanish language
        >characters which NoteTab under Windows 95 doesn't display the
        >same way as the DOS text editor.
        >
        >An example is the word "sé" which comes out as "s,"

        Sorry for the delay in my reply. What you call MS-DOS text, NoteTab refers
        to as ASCII. NoteTab has a feature that enables you to open such files and
        automatically convert the special characters to Windows ANSI so that they
        are correctly displayed. You'll find information in the Help file under the
        topic "ASCII Documents" in the "How To..." section.

        Hope this helps.

        Regards,
        Eric Fookes
        NoteTab v4.82 available from