Subject: Re: [NTB] Document Tabs.....

  • Bill
    Message 1 of 5 , Jun 30 3:59 PM
      Hi Jody,

      >> I have tried many of the clips in "DirStuff" library and none
      >> have closed and reopened the documents (tabs) in alphabetical
      >> order.

      >It is the fifth Clip down, "ReOpen Alphabetically" in DirStuff.
      >If you do not have that, download a the latest version.
      >http://www.sureword.com/notetab/zip/dirstuff.zip

      Thanks, now have latest DirStuff version,
      fifth Clip down="Checkbox Close..."
      sixth Clip down="Checkbox Reload..."
      seventh Clip down="ReOpen Alphabetically"

      >I hadn't tested it with tabs stacked, but just did and it works
      >with that also.

      Actually, my tabs are not stacked, copied subject from original post. Have
      eleven documents open at the moment and for some reason running "ReOpen
      Alphabetically" still does not work for me, after running clip there is no
      change made to the order of the document tabs.

      While the clip is running, a vertical line from top to bottom of the focused
      document appears and the small window at bottom says "Reopening files" but
      nothing changes. The first time clip ran had a file that was not saved and
      the windows save dialogue opened but this never repeated, even though left a
      file unsaved purposely.

      I am assuming the Clip is supposed to close the eleven files and reopen them
      in alphabetical order from left to right? Is there an NTP setting (v4.82)
      that I need to change? Do I need to run first two clips above also?

      Thanks for your assistance,

      Bill
      Message 2 of 5 , Jul 1, 2000
        Hi Bill,

        >>http://www.sureword.com/notetab/zip/dirstuff.zip

        >seventh Clip down="ReOpen Alphabetically"

        OK, I was off a few Clips. <g>

        > While the clip is running, a vertical line from top to bottom
        > of the focused document appears and the small window at bottom
        > says "Reopening files" but nothing changes.
        >
        > I am assuming the Clip is supposed to close the eleven files
        > and reopen them in alphabetical order from left to right? Is
        > there an NTP setting (v4.82) that I need to change? Do I need
        > to run first two clips above also?

        I don't know what would be causing the vertical bar other than a
        display problem. I tested the Clip many times and it always
        reopens them in alphabetical order after closing them. It is a
        relatively simple Clip. It gets all the files in a list that are
        open, sorts them alphabetically, and puts them into an array. It
        then opens them all. I don't know of any setting that would prevent
        it from working. What version of NoteTab are you using, Pro, Light,
        4.82?

        Here is the Clip if anybody wants to try it:

        <--- Copy below this line --->
        H=ReOpen Alphabetically
        ; Last update on 03-08-2000, Sojourner@..., jody
        ; Requires NoteTab version 4.6a
        ; http://www.sureword.com/notetab

        ^!SetHintInfo Reopening files...
        ^!SetScreenUpdate Off

        ^!Save All
        ^!ClearVariable %Files%
        ^!ClearVariable %Reload%
        ^!Set %n%=0

        :Loop
        ^!Inc %n%
        ^!If ^%n% > ^$GetDocCount$ CloseAll
        ^!Set %FileName%=^$GetDocName(^%n%)$
        ^!Append %Files%=^%FileName%^%nl%
        ^!Goto Loop

        :CloseAll
        ^!Close All
        ^!SetListDelimiter ^%nl%
        ^!Set %Files%=^$StrSort("^%Files%";0;1;0)$
        ^!SetArray %ReOpen%=^%Files%
        ^!Set %Count%=^%ReOpen0%
        ^!Set %Index%=0

        :ReOpen
        ^!Inc %Index%
        ^!If ^%Index% = ^%Count% End
        ^!Open "^%ReOpen^%Index%%"
        ^!Goto ReOpen

        <--- Copy above this line, right --->
        <--- click over a Library, and --->
        <--- choose "Add from Clipboard" --->

        Happy Clip'n!
        Jody

        http://www.sureword.com/notetab

        Subscribe, UnSubscribe, Options
        mailto:Ntb-Clips-Subscribe@...
        http://www.egroups.com/group/ntb-clips
        Message 3 of 5 , Jul 1, 2000
          Hi Bill,

          >>> http://www.sureword.com/notetab/zip/dirstuff.zip
          >> seventh Clip down="ReOpen Alphabetically"

          I think what you might be seeing is I have it sorting by the full
          path and file. So you you should see it sorted by directory first
          and then by file name within the directory. I'll have to study it
          some more to see if I can make it do it by the filename only.

          Happy Clip'n!
          Jody

          Message 4 of 5 , Jul 1, 2000
            Hi Bill,

            I think what you might be seeing is I have it sorting by the full
            path and file.

            Here, try this and see if it is what you were expecting. It will
            be a little bit slower, but not too much.

            H=ReOpen Alphabetically II
            ; Last updated on 07-01-2000, Sojourner@..., jody
            ; Requires NoteTab version 4.6a
            ; http://www.sureword.com/notetab
            ; Sorts by file name, not by directory/file name.

            ^!SetHintInfo Sorting, closing, and reopening files...
            ^!SetScreenUpdate Off

            ^!Save All
            ^!ClearVariable %Files%
            ^!ClearVariable %Reload%
            ^!Set %n%=0
            ^!Document Last

            :Loop
            ^!Inc %n%
            ^!If ^%n% > ^$GetDocCount$ CloseAll
            ^!Set %FileName%=^$GetFileName(^##)$|^$GetDocName$
            ^!Append %Files%=^%FileName%^%nl%
            ^!Document Prev
            ^!Goto Loop

            :CloseAll
            ^!Close All
            ^!SetListDelimiter ^p
            ^!Set %Files%=^$StrSort("^%Files%";0;1;0)$
            ^!SetArray %ReOpen%=^%Files%
            ^!Set %Count%=^%ReOpen0%
            ^!Set %Index%=0

            :ReOpen
            ^!Inc %Index%
            ^!If ^%Index% = ^%Count% End
            ^!Set %Delete%=^$StrPos("|";"^%ReOpen^%Index%%";0)$
            ^!Set %Open%=^$StrDelete("^%ReOpen^%Index%%";1;^%Delete%)$
            ^!Open "^%Open%"
            ^!Goto ReOpen

            Happy Clip'n!
            Jody

            Message 5 of 5 , Jul 1, 2000
              Hi All,

              H=ReOpen Alphabetically II

              I'm sorry about the Clips to the Basic list. I wasn't paying
              attention to the Subject prefix [NTB]. :( I get the wet noodle
              out and lash myself with it.

              http://www.sureword.com/notetab

              The NoteTab Basic Discussion List
              mailto:NoteTab-Subscribe@...