Bug?

  • churcht@bellatlantic.net
    Message 1 of 3 , Jun 29, 2000
      I have just started using Note Tab. I will be editing a document,
      when the line I am editing will get corrupted and the entire computer
      locks up. Any ideas what could be causing this?
      Message 2 of 3 , Jun 29, 2000
        Hi Churcht,

        > I have just started using Note Tab. I will be editing a
        > document, when the line I am editing will get corrupted and the
        > entire computer locks up. Any ideas what could be causing
        > this?

        Please do send in what Michael suggested.

        Also, try to see if you can duplicate what you are experiencing
        when your resources are not low. Try turning down the hardware
        acceleration on your video card a notch.

        Is this a new document it is happening on?
        Is it an existing one and does it happen with other documents?
        Is it a large file? What is the type?
        If it is an existing doc, after rebooting you should see that
        nothing was corrupted and that would point to a video/low
        resource problem.

        http://www.sureword.com/notetab

        The NoteTab Basic Discussion List
        mailto:NoteTab-Subscribe@...
        http://www.egroups.com/group/notetab
      • Marcus
        Message 3 of 3 , Jun 30, 2000
          On 29.6.2000 at 19:53 churcht@... wrote:
          >I will be editing a document,
          >when the line I am editing will get corrupted and the entire computer
          >locks up. Any ideas what could be causing this?

          It's most likely something else on your computer. First check that you
          have enough disk space free. How much virtual memory, and see whether
          the same thing happens with another program of similar size.
          The current NTB seems quite stable to me.

          Marcus Friedlaender