Marking/Editing Blocks of Text

  • Jim Hall
    Message 1 of 1 , Jun 24, 2000
      Hi All,

      This was originally posted on the Beta List but since not everyone is on
      that list, I am reposting it here for those who might otherwise have missed it.

      On my system I Mark blocks:

      With the Key board by using my cursor controls to position the cursor at
      the beginning of the Block then simply hold down the shift key and move the
      cursor to the end of the block using the Home, End, Page Up/Down, Up/Down
      Arrow keys.

      If I'm in a hurry and want to use the mouse, I move the cursor to the
      beginning of the Block and while holding down the shift key, I move the
      cursor to the end of the block.

      After the Block is marked, on the keyboard I use.

      Block Delete = Del or Backspace

      Block Cut = Ctrl+X

      Block Copy = Ctrl+C

      Block Paste = Ctrl+V

      With the mouse I right click to bring up my pop up menu where I have the
      Windows Clipboard Commands:

      Cut

      Copy

      Paste