Re: [NTB] Notetab and Backups

    Message 1 of 2 , Jun 21, 2000
      Hi James,

      > Does Notetab create backups only when it loads a file or does
      > it also do so at other times, for example, when pyou press
      > control+s to save?

      When you only have "Make Backups" checked NoteTab only makes a
      backup when you Save.

      When you have "Make Backups" and "Automatically Save every: [nnn]
      Minutes" checked a backup is automatically made at the given
      interval [nnn] *if* the file has been edited. The time to make
      the backup is set the first time the file is saved. If you first
      saved on the hour with 10 minutes at the interval the next backup
      would be made at 10 minutes after the hour if the file is in an
      unsaved state. It also makes a backup when you manually save
      which does *not* effect the time interval. For instance, if you
      save 5 minutes into a 10 minute backup cycle and continuing
      editing a backup will be made in another 5 minutes. You would
      have made two backups in that 10 minute period.

      I do not get a backup made when a file is loaded like it seems
      you said it does???

      http://www.sureword.com/notetab

      The NoteTab Basic Discussion List
      mailto:NoteTab-Subscribe@...