Re: [NTB] Problem?

  • rainmark@att.net
    Message 1 of 12 , May 31, 2000
      Hi Lloyd,
      I for one am not sure what you mean here. By "tab" do
      you mean the scroll bar at the right side of the window
      or the document tabs at the top? If you mean the scroll
      bar, you don't need a scroll bar in a doc whose text
      doesn't go below the visible editing window. And
      normally, you can't use the keyboard down arrow to take
      the cursor lower anyway. You would normally have to use
      the Enter key to get the cursor down there. Maybe I am
      way off base here and you mean something different than
      what I am understanding.
      See ya,
      Mark
      > Hi All,
      >
      > Something I have noticed here lately -- since 4.8.x. Don't know if it was
      > there before that or not.
      >
      > When I open a file in NoteTab Pro, that is longer than one screen, I have
      > to use the down arrow to go out of the first screen. Then the tab is there
      > to use the mouse. Before I go out of the first screen with the down arrow,
      > the screen appears as if the whole message was displayed.
      >
      > Do I have an option checked that I don't want or something?
      >
      > Lloyd

      > Hot off the press- summer's here!
      > School's out and it's sizzling hot. Whether you're planning a
      > graduation party, a summer brunch, or simple birthday party,
      > shop GreatEntertaining.com before your next celebration.

    • Michael Gerholdt
      Message 2 of 12 , May 31, 2000
        I find this happening with outline files especially if I am in another
        document which is short (less than a screenful) and then move over to the
        outline file.

        I assume it's a video prob. I have just 4 Mb on my video card. However, I
        find it a lot easier to 'down-arrow' until I push one line below the screen
        to make the vertical scroll bar appear than to re-boot windows. C'mon, Jody!
        <g>

        Regards,
        Michael Gerholdt
        SUNY College at Fredonia

        Lloyd wrote:
        > > When I open a file in NoteTab Pro, that is longer than one
        > > screen, I have to use the down arrow to go out of the first
        > > screen. Then the tab is there to use the mouse. Before I go out
        > > of the first screen with the down arrow, the screen appears as
        > > if the whole message was displayed.

        Jody responded:
        Message 3 of 12 , May 31, 2000
          Hi Michael,

          > I assume it's a video prob. I have just 4 Mb on my video card.
          > However, I find it a lot easier to 'down-arrow' until I push
          > one line below the screen to make the vertical scroll bar
          > appear than to re-boot windows. C'mon, Jody! <g>

          I agree, but I was checking to see if freeing up resources would
          clear the problem. I loose the scroll bar at times when do a
          massive amount of work with many documents when they open after
          they are made or when the text is inserted into a new doc in may
          docs. I usually Ctrl+End and then Ctrl+Home to get it back. Even
          when I lose it under those conditions a reload will clear it for
          me once the script is finished or if I shut down a program that
          will release memory and then reload. I have an 8MB video card.
          When I had a 2MB I really had problems unless I changed to 256 or
          even 16 colors. <g> I run High Color 16bit now.

          http://www.sureword.com/notetab

          The NoteTab Basic Discussion List
          mailto:NoteTab-Subscribe@...
          http://www.egroups.com/group/notetab
        • Lloyd
          Message 4 of 12 , Jun 1, 2000
            Hi Mark,

            >Hi Lloyd,
            >I for one am not sure what you mean here. By "tab" do
            >you mean the scroll bar at the right side of the window
            >or the document tabs at the top? If you mean the scroll
            >bar, you don't need a scroll bar in a doc whose text
            >doesn't go below the visible editing window. And
            >normally, you can't use the keyboard down arrow to take
            >the cursor lower anyway. You would normally have to use
            >the Enter key to get the cursor down there. Maybe I am
            >way off base here and you mean something different than
            >what I am understanding.
            >See ya,
            >Mark

            I see I have been as eloquent as usual stating my problem.

            Re stating: If I open a program that is longer than one screen, the scroll
            bar is grayed (has the up and down arrows only and they are grayed out)
            until I drop to the bottom of the screen and down arrow with the key board.
            From that point on, the program has the usable scroll bar.

            Before I get the scroll bar, I can delete 1 or more lines and additional
            lines come up onto the screen but still no scroll bar.

            Thank you,

            Lloyd
          • Lloyd
            Message 5 of 12 , Jun 1, 2000
              Hi Jody,

              > > When I open a file in NoteTab Pro, that is longer than one
              > > screen, I have to use the down arrow to go out of the first
              > > screen. Then the tab is there to use the mouse. Before I go out
              > > of the first screen with the down arrow, the screen appears as
              > > if the whole message was displayed.
              >
              >When you find a file that does it close the file and restart
              >Windows. Open NoteTab and then the file. See if you get your
              >scrollbar back when it opens.

              Ok, now I am thoroughly confused. I tried your suggestion -- closing the
              file/restarting windows. Open NoteTab then the file. The scroll bar was
              there. Closed the file, closed NoteTab back to the task bar. Double clicked
              on a file from file manager, scroll bar was there. Closed it all back where
              it was, double clicked on another file -- No scroll bar. Closed it all back
              as it was, restarted windows, opened NoteTab from the task bar, opened file
              from NoteTab, -- No scroll bar. Closed NoteTab completely (not to the task
              bar), double clicked on file to open. NoteTab opened, file opened with
              scroll bar. Repeated with several different files, after closing NoteTab
              completely. Worked good each time. Closed NoteTab back to task bar. Opened
              file with File Manager, works great. Repeated several times. Works great.

              Now I seem to know less about how to work this computer than ever. The more
              I do, the less I know.

              Thank you (I think),

              Lloyd
            • Janet
              Message 6 of 12 , Jun 1, 2000
                I haven't been using this list for awhile, so I need to unsubscribe. I
                forgot how to. Please help. Thanks
              • Michael Acklin
                Message 7 of 12 , Jun 1, 2000
                  Just send an email message to the following...

                  Hope this helps

                  Mike Acklin
                  l128620@...
                  http://home.swbell.net/h_tuttle
                  Message 8 of 12 , Jun 1, 2000
                    Hi Janet,

                    > I haven't been using this list for awhile, so I need to
                    > unsubscribe. I forgot how to. Please help. Thanks

                    Sorry to see you go. Click on the unsubscribe below and send.

                    To Subscribe to or UnSubscribe from any of the following
                    Mailing Lists send an empty post to the appropriate list(s):

                    SUBSCRIBE
                    ¯¯¯¯¯¯¯¯¯
                    The NoteTab Basic List....... NoteTab-Subscribe@...
                    The NoteTab Clips List....... NTB-Clips-Subscribe@...
                    The NoteTab HTML List........ NTB-HTML-Subscribe@...
                    The NoteTab Beta List........ NTB-Beta-Subscribe@...
                    The NoteTab Off-Topic List... NTB-OffTopic@...-Subscribe@...
                    NoteTab Announcements List... NTB-announcements-Subscribe@...
                    The Mailbag Assistant List... MailBag-Subscribe@...
                    The Album Express List....... Album-Express-Subscribe@...

                    UNSUBSCRIBE
                    ¯¯¯¯¯¯¯¯¯¯¯
                    The NoteTab Basic List....... NoteTab-UnSubscribe@...

                    Happy Tab'n, Clip'n, &...
                    Jody Adair
                    Prov. 3:5-7; 4:23
                    Message 9 of 12 , Jun 1, 2000
                      Hi Lloyd,
                      I am also to blame here. When I read the line about the
                      document being longer than one screen, for some reason
                      in my mind I was seeing a document that was NOT longer
                      than one screen. As Cool Hand Luke once said, "What we
                      have here is a failure to communicate". At any rate, I
                      understand now. That IS strange and so far I haven't had
                      it happen.
                      > Hi Mark,
                      >
                      >If you mean the scroll
                      > >bar, you don't need a scroll bar in a doc whose text
                      > >doesn't go below the visible editing window. Maybe I am
                      > >way off base here

                      Yep!

                      > I see I have been as eloquent as usual stating my problem.

                      And I see that I have been more stupid than usual in not
                      reading carefully what was written. Sorry about that.
                      Mark <:|
                    • Larry Hamilton
                      Message 10 of 12 , Jun 9, 2000
                        Hey Jody,

                        I was cleaning out my inbox, and saw this.

                        On 1 Jun 2000, at 14:36, Jody wrote:

                        > To Subscribe to or UnSubscribe from any of the following
                        > Mailing Lists send an empty post to the appropriate list(s):
                        >
                        > SUBSCRIBE
                        > ¯¯¯¯¯¯¯¯¯
                        <snip>

                        > The NoteTab Off-Topic List...
                        > NTB-OffTopic@...-Subscribe@...
                        <snip>

                        > UNSUBSCRIBE
                        > ¯¯¯¯¯¯¯¯¯¯¯
                        <snip>
                        > The NoteTab Off-Topic List...

                        I do not think these will work for the OT list. Isn't cut & paste a
                        wonderful thing! <g>

                        Larry Hamilton mailto:Larry_H@...
                        http://www.HamiltonGenSociety.org/
                        My Web Site: http://notlimaH.tripod.com
                        Message 11 of 12 , Jun 9, 2000
                          Hi Larry,

                          > I was cleaning out my inbox, and saw this.

                          >> NTB-OffTopic@...-Subscribe@...

                          > I do not think these will work for the OT list. Isn't cut &
                          > paste a wonderful thing! <g>

                          No, they won't and that is not the first time copy/paste got me
                          into trouble. ;) It was fixed a few weeks ago when somebody
                          brought it to my attention. thanks for mentioning it.
                        • John D. Przybyla, Sr.
                          Message 12 of 12 , Aug 18, 2000
                            Hi Jody,

                            I tried to unsubscribe at the correct link, but I'm still being bombed with
                            everyone's email. I'll be away from my computer for a month & don't wish to
                            overflow. Can you help delete me from the email postings?

                            John
                            manjohn@...