Re: [NTB] Email Header "Stair-step" effect

  • Larry Thomas
    Message 1 of 4 , May 3 2:18 PM
      Hi Sleepless,

      At 11:16 AM 05/03/2000 -0700, you wrote:

      >Larry Thomas wrote:
      >>

      >> If you want the information to line up on the colon (:), you will need a
      >> clip - at least I cannot think of another way. If you just want them to
      >> all line up on the left side try Modify|Alignment|Left Align.>
      >
      >Here's what I get with "Left Align:"

      >Re: [NTB] Email Header "Stair-step" effect
      >Date:
      >Wed, 03 May 2000 12:15:16 -0500
      >From:
      >Larry Thomas <larryt@...>
      >To:
      >notetab@egroups.com
      >
      > As you can see, the headers are still staggerred.
      >
      > What I'm trying to get is to have the headers appear in an NTB
      >file the same way they appear in an email message, i.e., with the
      >header tag and the the header data on the same line like this:
      >
      >Subject: Re: [NTB] Email Header "Stair-step" effect
      >Date: Wed, 03 May 2000 12:15:16 -0500
      >From: Larry Thomas <larryt@...>
      >To: notetab@egroups.com
      >
      > When you look at my two examples, do they look the same to you
      >or different? It just occurred to me that maybe I am not
      >displaying them correctly at my end.

      It looks good enough that I understand what you want. My first message is
      only half of what you need. The second half is to select Search|Replace
      and enter :^p into the search box and a colon followed by a space into the
      second box. Below that you will see a drop down combo box labeled "search"
      with the word "down" in it. Drop it down and select "All". Then click on
      "Replace All".

      Regards,

      Larry
      larryt@...