Re: [NTB] Email Header "Stair-step" effect

  • melchior prisi
    Message 1 of 4 , May 3, 2000
      Sleepless in Seattle wrote:

      > As you can see, the headers are still staggerred.

      If you are using Netscape-Messenger and
      you have to copy just one or two headers
      there is a little trick.
      Otherwise, as Larry Thomas wrote, you wold need
      a clip.

      ::

      1.) Press the "Forward" button

      You will get a new window with the message
      looking like this:

      Message 2 of 4 , May 3, 2000
        Hi Sleepless,

        At 11:16 AM 05/03/2000 -0700, you wrote:

        >Larry Thomas wrote:
        >>

        >> If you want the information to line up on the colon (:), you will need a
        >> clip - at least I cannot think of another way. If you just want them to
        >> all line up on the left side try Modify|Alignment|Left Align.>
        >
        >Here's what I get with "Left Align:"

        >Re: [NTB] Email Header "Stair-step" effect
        >Date:
        >Wed, 03 May 2000 12:15:16 -0500
        >From:
        >Larry Thomas <larryt@...>
        >To:
        >notetab@egroups.com
        >
        > As you can see, the headers are still staggerred.
        >
        > What I'm trying to get is to have the headers appear in an NTB
        >file the same way they appear in an email message, i.e., with the
        >header tag and the the header data on the same line like this:
        >
        >Subject: Re: [NTB] Email Header "Stair-step" effect
        >Date: Wed, 03 May 2000 12:15:16 -0500
        >From: Larry Thomas <larryt@...>
        >To: notetab@egroups.com
        >
        > When you look at my two examples, do they look the same to you
        >or different? It just occurred to me that maybe I am not
        >displaying them correctly at my end.

        It looks good enough that I understand what you want. My first message is
        only half of what you need. The second half is to select Search|Replace
        and enter :^p into the search box and a colon followed by a space into the
        second box. Below that you will see a drop down combo box labeled "search"
        with the word "down" in it. Drop it down and select "All". Then click on
        "Replace All".

        Regards,

        Larry
        larryt@...