Re: [NTB] Email Header "Stair-step" effect

  • Sleepless in Seattle
    Message 1 of 4 , May 3, 2000
      Larry Thomas wrote:

      > If you want the information to line up on the colon (:), you will need a
      > clip - at least I cannot think of another way. If you just want them to
      > all line up on the left side try Modify|Alignment|Left Align.>

      Here's what I get with "Left Align:"

      Re: [NTB] Email Header "Stair-step" effect
      Date:
      Wed, 03 May 2000 12:15:16 -0500
      From:
      Larry Thomas <larryt@...>
      To:
      notetab@egroups.com

      As you can see, the headers are still staggerred.

      What I'm trying to get is to have the headers appear in an NTB
      file the same way they appear in an email message, i.e., with the
      header tag and the the header data on the same line like this:

      Subject: Re: [NTB] Email Header "Stair-step" effect
      Date: Wed, 03 May 2000 12:15:16 -0500
      From: Larry Thomas <larryt@...>
      To: notetab@egroups.com

      When you look at my two examples, do they look the same to you
      or different? It just occurred to me that maybe I am not
      displaying them correctly at my end.
    • melchior prisi
      Message 2 of 4 , May 3, 2000
        Sleepless in Seattle wrote:

        > As you can see, the headers are still staggerred.

        If you are using Netscape-Messenger and
        you have to copy just one or two headers
        there is a little trick.
        Otherwise, as Larry Thomas wrote, you wold need
        a clip.

        ::

        1.) Press the "Forward" button

        You will get a new window with the message
        looking like this:

        Message 3 of 4 , May 3, 2000
          Hi Sleepless,

          At 11:16 AM 05/03/2000 -0700, you wrote:

          >Larry Thomas wrote:
          >>

          >> If you want the information to line up on the colon (:), you will need a
          >> clip - at least I cannot think of another way. If you just want them to
          >> all line up on the left side try Modify|Alignment|Left Align.>
          >
          >Here's what I get with "Left Align:"

          >Re: [NTB] Email Header "Stair-step" effect
          >Date:
          >Wed, 03 May 2000 12:15:16 -0500
          >From:
          >Larry Thomas <larryt@...>
          >To:
          >notetab@egroups.com
          >
          > As you can see, the headers are still staggerred.
          >
          > What I'm trying to get is to have the headers appear in an NTB
          >file the same way they appear in an email message, i.e., with the
          >header tag and the the header data on the same line like this:
          >
          >Subject: Re: [NTB] Email Header "Stair-step" effect
          >Date: Wed, 03 May 2000 12:15:16 -0500
          >From: Larry Thomas <larryt@...>
          >To: notetab@egroups.com
          >
          > When you look at my two examples, do they look the same to you
          >or different? It just occurred to me that maybe I am not
          >displaying them correctly at my end.

          It looks good enough that I understand what you want. My first message is
          only half of what you need. The second half is to select Search|Replace
          and enter :^p into the search box and a colon followed by a space into the
          second box. Below that you will see a drop down combo box labeled "search"
          with the word "down" in it. Drop it down and select "All". Then click on
          "Replace All".

          Regards,

          Larry
          larryt@...