Re: [NTB] Email Header "Stair-step" effect

  • Larry Thomas
    Message 1 of 4 , May 3, 2000
      Hi Sleepless,

      At 09:01 AM 05/03/2000 -0700, you wrote:
      > Whenever I "copy" email headers and then "paste" them into an
      >NTP text file they come out "stair-stepped" like this:
      >Subject:
      > [NTB] Modify This!
      > Date:
      > Sun, 30 Apr 2000 08:52:39 -0700
      > From:
      > Sleepless in Seattle <desvelado@...>
      > To:
      >

      > What's the trick to getting the two parts of each header to come
      >out on the same line like the example below?

      If you want the information to line up on the colon (:), you will need a
      clip - at least I cannot think of another way. If you just want them to
      all line up on the left side try Modify|Alignment|Left Align.

      Regards,

      Larry
      larryt@...
    • Sleepless in Seattle
      Message 2 of 4 , May 3, 2000
        Larry Thomas wrote:

        > If you want the information to line up on the colon (:), you will need a
        > clip - at least I cannot think of another way. If you just want them to
        > all line up on the left side try Modify|Alignment|Left Align.>

        Here's what I get with "Left Align:"

        Re: [NTB] Email Header "Stair-step" effect
        Date:
        Wed, 03 May 2000 12:15:16 -0500
        From:
        Larry Thomas <larryt@...>
        To:
        notetab@egroups.com

        As you can see, the headers are still staggerred.

        What I'm trying to get is to have the headers appear in an NTB
        file the same way they appear in an email message, i.e., with the
        header tag and the the header data on the same line like this:

        Subject: Re: [NTB] Email Header "Stair-step" effect
        Date: Wed, 03 May 2000 12:15:16 -0500
        From: Larry Thomas <larryt@...>
        To: notetab@egroups.com

        When you look at my two examples, do they look the same to you
        or different? It just occurred to me that maybe I am not
        displaying them correctly at my end.
      • melchior prisi
        Message 3 of 4 , May 3, 2000
          Sleepless in Seattle wrote:

          > As you can see, the headers are still staggerred.

          If you are using Netscape-Messenger and
          you have to copy just one or two headers
          there is a little trick.
          Otherwise, as Larry Thomas wrote, you wold need
          a clip.

          ::

          1.) Press the "Forward" button

          You will get a new window with the message
          looking like this:

          Message 4 of 4 , May 3, 2000
            Hi Sleepless,

            At 11:16 AM 05/03/2000 -0700, you wrote:

            >Larry Thomas wrote:
            >>

            >> If you want the information to line up on the colon (:), you will need a
            >> clip - at least I cannot think of another way. If you just want them to
            >> all line up on the left side try Modify|Alignment|Left Align.>
            >
            >Here's what I get with "Left Align:"

            >Re: [NTB] Email Header "Stair-step" effect
            >Date:
            >Wed, 03 May 2000 12:15:16 -0500
            >From:
            >Larry Thomas <larryt@...>
            >To:
            >notetab@egroups.com
            >
            > As you can see, the headers are still staggerred.
            >
            > What I'm trying to get is to have the headers appear in an NTB
            >file the same way they appear in an email message, i.e., with the
            >header tag and the the header data on the same line like this:
            >
            >Subject: Re: [NTB] Email Header "Stair-step" effect
            >Date: Wed, 03 May 2000 12:15:16 -0500
            >From: Larry Thomas <larryt@...>
            >To: notetab@egroups.com
            >
            > When you look at my two examples, do they look the same to you
            >or different? It just occurred to me that maybe I am not
            >displaying them correctly at my end.

            It looks good enough that I understand what you want. My first message is
            only half of what you need. The second half is to select Search|Replace
            and enter :^p into the search box and a colon followed by a space into the
            second box. Below that you will see a drop down combo box labeled "search"
            with the word "down" in it. Drop it down and select "All". Then click on
            "Replace All".

            Regards,

            Larry
            larryt@...