Email Header "Stair-step" effect

  • Sleepless in Seattle
    Message 1 of 2 , May 3, 2000
      Whenever I "copy" email headers and then "paste" them into an
      NTP text file they come out "stair-stepped" like this:
      Subject:
      [NTB] Modify This!
      Date:
      Sun, 30 Apr 2000 08:52:39 -0700
      From:
      Sleepless in Seattle <desvelado@...>
      To:

      And if I use "Modify|Lines|Join Lines" they end up like this:
      Subject: [NTB] Modify This! Date: Sun, 30 Apr 2000 08:52:39 -0700
      From: Sleepless in Seattle <desvelado@...> Reply-To:
      <notetab@egroups.com>

      What's the trick to getting the two parts of each header to come
      out on the same line like the example below?
      Subject: [NTB] Modify This!
      Date: Sun, 30 Apr 2000 08:52:39 -0700
      From: Sleepless in Seattle <desvelado@...>
      Message 2 of 2 , May 3, 2000
        Hi Sleepless,

        >Subject:
        > [NTB] Modify This!
        > Date:
        > Sun, 30 Apr 2000 08:52:39 -0700
        > From:
        > Sleepless in Seattle <desvelado@...>

        As Larry mentioned, the best way to handle that is with a Clip.
        You can use the same method you did with the abbreviation list,
        but that was more for a one time thing. You will run into the
        problem that is caused by Netscape Messenger every time when
        copying mail, though, so once again, a Clip would be best. (It
        might be an HTML thing) If you do it often enough then perhaps
        put the Clip on the Clipbar.

        Happy Clip'n!
        Jody

        http://www.sureword.com/notetab