Re: [NTB] Tab stop settings

  • Michael Acklin
    Message 1 of 14 , May 2 12:49 PM
      I always like this one

      C U L8R = See you later
      BRB = Be Right Back
      AFK = Away From Keyboard

      At 09:34 PM 5/2/00 +0200, you wrote:
      >Jody wrote:
      > >
      > >Here are some of the common acronyms (and the like) used:
      > >
      > ><g> = grin
      > ><bg> = big grin
      > ><vbg> = very big grin
      > >LOL = Laughing out loud
      > >ROTFL = Rolling on the floor laughing
      > >FWIW = For what it's worth
      > >IMO = In my opinion
      > >CYA = "I will see you later" is the "Windows" version ;)
      > > DOS version: See~you or See~ya.
      > >

      >Sometimes you will also see:
      >*g*
      >*bg*
      >and so on, the same meaning as above
      >AFAIK (as far as i know) that comes from some chat services that use <>
      >to sorround members <nick names>.
      >
      >I for myself like to use IMHO rather than IMO *s* ('in my humble
      >opinion', the *s* stands for - yes - smile) ;)
      >
      >cya
      >(read it as the version your OS provides ;) )
      >
      >Stefan
      >---
      >Stefan Elssner
      >(still in Berlin *g*)
      >elssner@...

      >Would you like to save big on your phone bill -- and keep on saving
      >more each month? Join beMANY! Our huge buying group gives you Long Distance
      >rates which fall monthly, plus an extra $60 in FREE calls!
    • Stefan Elssner
      Message 2 of 14 , May 2 1:06 PM
        >I always like this one
        >
        >C U L8R = See you later
        >BRB = Be Right Back
        >AFK = Away From Keyboard

        I like the shorts:
        cu, or
        l8r

        ;-)

        for the brb there is (as most of you know, sorry) the answer
        wb (welcome back) (in case you did really came back *gg*)

        always friendly, and in some cases preventing a world war:
        NOM - no offense meant

        nom
        cu
        Stefan ;-))
      • Grey Cat
        Message 3 of 14 , May 2 3:40 PM
          Message 4 of 14 , May 2 4:42 PM
            Hi sleepless
            I spend all my time in front of my screen as I can't sleep due to lung
            disease so I know what it is like for you.
            But hey don't let it get you down, I say what I think and get in hot water
            you may have noticed.
            I am in the UK so if there is anything you want mail me if I can it will be
            done.
            These lists are the best on the web the nicest people around.

            > I suffer from a little understood progressively disabling chronic
            > illness that makes it increasingly difficult for me to sit up at
            > my desk to use my computer. So I'm not able to devote much time
            > to browsing through all the options and tabs to see what I might
            > find. As I become more and more house-bound, my computer is
            > becoming more-and-more my life-line to the outside world. That's
            > why I rely on you guys to tell me where to find stuff. I just
            > don't have the stamina to dig it out anymore. Just sitting up in
            > a chair is painful, and the longer I sit the more painful it
            > gets.
            >
            > So please accept my thanks for all the times you guys have helped
            > me out. I'll try not to wear out my welcome here.

          • Sleepless in Seattle
            Message 5 of 14 , May 3 9:10 AM
              Thanks for the pep talk! It cheered me up!

              So, what part of the UK?

              City or country?

              I hiked around in the countryside around London in April of '72
              and every spring since then, when the weather turns mild again,
              I'm reminded of that idylic time.