Re: [NTB] Tab stop settings

  • Stefan Elssner
    Message 1 of 14 , May 2, 2000
      Jody wrote:

      >Here are some of the common acronyms (and the like) used:
      >
      ><g> = grin
      ><bg> = big grin
      ><vbg> = very big grin
      >LOL = Laughing out loud
      >ROTFL = Rolling on the floor laughing
      >FWIW = For what it's worth
      >IMO = In my opinion
      >CYA = "I will see you later" is the "Windows" version ;)
      > DOS version: See~you or See~ya.

      Sometimes you will also see:
      *g*
      *bg*
      and so on, the same meaning as above
      AFAIK (as far as i know) that comes from some chat services that use <>
      to sorround members <nick names>.

      I for myself like to use IMHO rather than IMO *s* ('in my humble
      opinion', the *s* stands for - yes - smile) ;)

      cya
      (read it as the version your OS provides ;) )

      Stefan
      ---
      Stefan Elssner
      (still in Berlin *g*)
      elssner@...
    • Michael Acklin
      Message 2 of 14 , May 2, 2000
        I always like this one

        C U L8R = See you later
        BRB = Be Right Back
        AFK = Away From Keyboard

        At 09:34 PM 5/2/00 +0200, you wrote:
        >Jody wrote:
        > >
        > >Here are some of the common acronyms (and the like) used:
        > >
        > ><g> = grin
        > ><bg> = big grin
        > ><vbg> = very big grin
        > >LOL = Laughing out loud
        > >ROTFL = Rolling on the floor laughing
        > >FWIW = For what it's worth
        > >IMO = In my opinion
        > >CYA = "I will see you later" is the "Windows" version ;)
        > > DOS version: See~you or See~ya.
        > >

        >Sometimes you will also see:
        >*g*
        >*bg*
        >and so on, the same meaning as above
        >AFAIK (as far as i know) that comes from some chat services that use <>
        >to sorround members <nick names>.
        >
        >I for myself like to use IMHO rather than IMO *s* ('in my humble
        >opinion', the *s* stands for - yes - smile) ;)
        >
        >cya
        >(read it as the version your OS provides ;) )
        >
        >Stefan
        >---
        >Stefan Elssner
        >(still in Berlin *g*)
        >elssner@...

        >Would you like to save big on your phone bill -- and keep on saving
        >more each month? Join beMANY! Our huge buying group gives you Long Distance
        >rates which fall monthly, plus an extra $60 in FREE calls!
      • Stefan Elssner
        Message 3 of 14 , May 2, 2000
          >I always like this one
          >
          >C U L8R = See you later
          >BRB = Be Right Back
          >AFK = Away From Keyboard

          I like the shorts:
          cu, or
          l8r

          ;-)

          for the brb there is (as most of you know, sorry) the answer
          wb (welcome back) (in case you did really came back *gg*)

          always friendly, and in some cases preventing a world war:
          NOM - no offense meant

          nom
          cu
          Stefan ;-))
        • Grey Cat
          Message 4 of 14 , May 2, 2000
            Message 5 of 14 , May 2, 2000
              Hi sleepless
              I spend all my time in front of my screen as I can't sleep due to lung
              disease so I know what it is like for you.
              But hey don't let it get you down, I say what I think and get in hot water
              you may have noticed.
              I am in the UK so if there is anything you want mail me if I can it will be
              done.
              These lists are the best on the web the nicest people around.

              > I suffer from a little understood progressively disabling chronic
              > illness that makes it increasingly difficult for me to sit up at
              > my desk to use my computer. So I'm not able to devote much time
              > to browsing through all the options and tabs to see what I might
              > find. As I become more and more house-bound, my computer is
              > becoming more-and-more my life-line to the outside world. That's
              > why I rely on you guys to tell me where to find stuff. I just
              > don't have the stamina to dig it out anymore. Just sitting up in
              > a chair is painful, and the longer I sit the more painful it
              > gets.
              >
              > So please accept my thanks for all the times you guys have helped
              > me out. I'll try not to wear out my welcome here.

            • Sleepless in Seattle
              Message 6 of 14 , May 3, 2000
                Thanks for the pep talk! It cheered me up!

                So, what part of the UK?

                City or country?

                I hiked around in the countryside around London in April of '72
                and every spring since then, when the weather turns mild again,
                I'm reminded of that idylic time.