Loading ...
Sorry, an error occurred while loading the content.
 

Re: [NTB] Tab stop settings

Expand Messages
  • Sleepless in Seattle
    ... Thanks for those tips Jody. I suffer from a little understood progressively disabling chronic illness that makes it increasingly difficult for me to sit up
    Message 1 of 14 , May 2 9:27 AM
      Jody wrote:

      > I think the best way to learn NoteTab's features is to go through
      > Options and change settings to see the effect it has. There is a
      > Help button on every tab display. Perhaps do a tab a day. I
      > learn things a lot better by searching for the answer and
      > remember it longer than I do when somebody gives me the answer.
      > Additional, when I an searching for an answer I find out new
      > things a long the way.


      Thanks for those tips Jody.

      I suffer from a little understood progressively disabling chronic
      illness that makes it increasingly difficult for me to sit up at
      my desk to use my computer. So I'm not able to devote much time
      to browsing through all the options and tabs to see what I might
      find. As I become more and more house-bound, my computer is
      becoming more-and-more my life-line to the outside world. That's
      why I rely on you guys to tell me where to find stuff. I just
      don't have the stamina to dig it out anymore. Just sitting up in
      a chair is painful, and the longer I sit the more painful it
      gets.

      So please accept my thanks for all the times you guys have helped
      me out. I'll try not to wear out my welcome here.
    • james.homme@highmark.com
      Hi Sleepless, You just keep asking. If I know, I ll keep telling. Jim Sleepless in Seattle on 05/02/2000 12:27:04 PM Please respond
      Message 2 of 14 , May 2 10:06 AM
        Hi Sleepless,
        You just keep asking. If I know, I'll keep telling.
        Jim







        Sleepless in Seattle <desvelado@...> on 05/02/2000 12:27:04 PM

        Please respond to notetab@egroups.com








        To: notetab@egroups.com

        cc: (bcc: James D Homme/Contractor/Highmark)



        Subject: Re: [NTB] Tab stop settings











        Jody wrote:

        > I think the best way to learn NoteTab's features is to go through
        > Options and change settings to see the effect it has. There is a
        > Help button on every tab display. Perhaps do a tab a day. I
        > learn things a lot better by searching for the answer and
        > remember it longer than I do when somebody gives me the answer.
        > Additional, when I an searching for an answer I find out new
        > things a long the way.


        Thanks for those tips Jody.

        I suffer from a little understood progressively disabling chronic
        illness that makes it increasingly difficult for me to sit up at
        my desk to use my computer. So I'm not able to devote much time
        to browsing through all the options and tabs to see what I might
        find. As I become more and more house-bound, my computer is
        becoming more-and-more my life-line to the outside world. That's
        why I rely on you guys to tell me where to find stuff. I just
        don't have the stamina to dig it out anymore. Just sitting up in
        a chair is painful, and the longer I sit the more painful it
        gets.

        So please accept my thanks for all the times you guys have helped
        me out. I'll try not to wear out my welcome here.

        ------------------------------------------------------------------------
        eLerts
        It's Easy. It's Fun. Best of All, it's Free!
        http://click.egroups.com/1/3864/6/_/2478/_/957284882/
        ------------------------------------------------------------------------



        ----------





        "This e-mail and any attachments to it are confidential and are intended solely
        for use of the individual or entity to whom they are addressed. If you have
        received this e-mail in error, please notify the sender. The views expressed in
        this e-mail message do not necessarily represent the views of Highmark Inc., its
        subsidiaries, or affiliates."


        [Non-text portions of this message have been removed]
      • Jody
        Hi Sleepless, ... No problem, you ask questions that I am sure others are interesting in as well, and do not ask for whatever reason. I don t know if it would
        Message 3 of 14 , May 2 11:10 AM
          Hi Sleepless,

          > So please accept my thanks for all the times you guys have
          > helped me out. I'll try not to wear out my welcome here.

          No problem, you ask questions that I am sure others are
          interesting in as well, and do not ask for whatever reason. I
          don't know if it would help you, but you might consider opening
          Options, and use the Help button on each tab. When the Help file
          opens to the tab's section in Help, print it. Perhaps you can
          then read it in a more comfortable position.

          I'm glad you wrote, saves me the trouble of trying to remember to write you. <g> I received a post from a member that thought I had said something to you that was uncalled for in the sense I was belittling because he did not know what <bg> meant. It followed my long paragraph reply to your reply about how to select the text to use in the Find side of the Replace dialog to reformat your country codes list.

          > So, now, tell me what I just did.

          You formatted your document.?.?.? <bg>

          If you remember, you followed your question above with what you
          really wanted to ask/find out. So, being the jokester I am at
          times, I split the paragraph to make a joke out of it, because by
          itself means you did not remember what you just did. Obviously
          you did else you wouldn't have asked specific questions about it.
          In case you or others don't know, here are some symbols commonly
          used in eMail to show expression or the like:

          :), ;), :-), :-D, ;-> are smiley faces (See the "Smilies" Library)

          Here are some of the common acronyms (and the like) used:

          <g> = grin
          <bg> = big grin
          <vbg> = very big grin
          LOL = Laughing out loud
          ROTFL = Rolling on the floor laughing
          FWIW = For what it's worth
          IMO = In my opinion
          CYA = "I will see you later" is the "Windows" version ;)
          DOS version: See~you or See~ya.

          Bye for now,
          Jody Adair
          Prov. 3:5-7; 4:23

          http://www.sureword.com/sojourner
          http://www.sureword.com/kjb1611
          http://www.sureword.com/notetab
        • Stefan Elssner
          ... Sometimes you will also see: *g* *bg* and so on, the same meaning as above AFAIK (as far as i know) that comes from some chat services that use to
          Message 4 of 14 , May 2 12:34 PM
            Jody wrote:
            >
            >Here are some of the common acronyms (and the like) used:
            >
            ><g> = grin
            ><bg> = big grin
            ><vbg> = very big grin
            >LOL = Laughing out loud
            >ROTFL = Rolling on the floor laughing
            >FWIW = For what it's worth
            >IMO = In my opinion
            >CYA = "I will see you later" is the "Windows" version ;)
            > DOS version: See~you or See~ya.
            >

            Sometimes you will also see:
            *g*
            *bg*
            and so on, the same meaning as above
            AFAIK (as far as i know) that comes from some chat services that use <>
            to sorround members <nick names>.

            I for myself like to use IMHO rather than IMO *s* ('in my humble
            opinion', the *s* stands for - yes - smile) ;)

            cya
            (read it as the version your OS provides ;) )

            Stefan
            ---
            Stefan Elssner
            (still in Berlin *g*)
            elssner@...
          • Michael Acklin
            I always like this one C U L8R = See you later BRB = Be Right Back AFK = Away From Keyboard ... [Non-text portions of this message have been removed]
            Message 5 of 14 , May 2 12:49 PM
              I always like this one

              C U L8R = See you later
              BRB = Be Right Back
              AFK = Away From Keyboard



              At 09:34 PM 5/2/00 +0200, you wrote:
              >Jody wrote:
              > >
              > >Here are some of the common acronyms (and the like) used:
              > >
              > ><g> = grin
              > ><bg> = big grin
              > ><vbg> = very big grin
              > >LOL = Laughing out loud
              > >ROTFL = Rolling on the floor laughing
              > >FWIW = For what it's worth
              > >IMO = In my opinion
              > >CYA = "I will see you later" is the "Windows" version ;)
              > > DOS version: See~you or See~ya.
              > >
              >
              >Sometimes you will also see:
              >*g*
              >*bg*
              >and so on, the same meaning as above
              >AFAIK (as far as i know) that comes from some chat services that use <>
              >to sorround members <nick names>.
              >
              >I for myself like to use IMHO rather than IMO *s* ('in my humble
              >opinion', the *s* stands for - yes - smile) ;)
              >
              >cya
              >(read it as the version your OS provides ;) )
              >
              >Stefan
              >---
              >Stefan Elssner
              >(still in Berlin *g*)
              >elssner@...
              >
              >
              >
              >
              >
              >------------------------------------------------------------------------
              >Would you like to save big on your phone bill -- and keep on saving
              >more each month? Join beMANY! Our huge buying group gives you Long Distance
              >rates which fall monthly, plus an extra $60 in FREE calls!
              >http://click.egroups.com/1/2567/6/_/2478/_/957296121/
              >------------------------------------------------------------------------
              >


              [Non-text portions of this message have been removed]
            • Stefan Elssner
              ... I like the shorts: cu, or l8r ;-) for the brb there is (as most of you know, sorry) the answer wb (welcome back) (in case you did really came back *gg*)
              Message 6 of 14 , May 2 1:06 PM
                >I always like this one
                >
                >C U L8R = See you later
                >BRB = Be Right Back
                >AFK = Away From Keyboard
                >


                I like the shorts:
                cu, or
                l8r

                ;-)

                for the brb there is (as most of you know, sorry) the answer
                wb (welcome back) (in case you did really came back *gg*)

                always friendly, and in some cases preventing a world war:
                NOM - no offense meant


                nom
                cu
                Stefan ;-))
              • Grey Cat
                ... From: Michael Acklin Subject: Re: [NTB] Tab stop settings ... ~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~ ROTFLSHISTC = rolling on the floor laughing so
                Message 7 of 14 , May 2 3:40 PM
                  -----Original Message-----
                  From: Michael Acklin <l128620@...>
                  Subject: Re: [NTB] Tab stop settings


                  >I always like this one
                  >
                  >C U L8R = See you later
                  >BRB = Be Right Back
                  >AFK = Away From Keyboard

                  ~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
                  ROTFLSHISTC = rolling on the floor laughing so hard I scared the cat....
                • Peter G Henry
                  Hi sleepless I spend all my time in front of my screen as I can t sleep due to lung disease so I know what it is like for you. But hey don t let it get you
                  Message 8 of 14 , May 2 4:42 PM
                    Hi sleepless
                    I spend all my time in front of my screen as I can't sleep due to lung
                    disease so I know what it is like for you.
                    But hey don't let it get you down, I say what I think and get in hot water
                    you may have noticed.
                    I am in the UK so if there is anything you want mail me if I can it will be
                    done.
                    These lists are the best on the web the nicest people around.

                    >
                    > I suffer from a little understood progressively disabling chronic
                    > illness that makes it increasingly difficult for me to sit up at
                    > my desk to use my computer. So I'm not able to devote much time
                    > to browsing through all the options and tabs to see what I might
                    > find. As I become more and more house-bound, my computer is
                    > becoming more-and-more my life-line to the outside world. That's
                    > why I rely on you guys to tell me where to find stuff. I just
                    > don't have the stamina to dig it out anymore. Just sitting up in
                    > a chair is painful, and the longer I sit the more painful it
                    > gets.
                    >
                    > So please accept my thanks for all the times you guys have helped
                    > me out. I'll try not to wear out my welcome here.
                    >
                  • Sleepless in Seattle
                    Thanks for the pep talk! It cheered me up! So, what part of the UK? City or country? I hiked around in the countryside around London in April of 72 and every
                    Message 9 of 14 , May 3 9:10 AM
                      Thanks for the pep talk! It cheered me up!

                      So, what part of the UK?

                      City or country?

                      I hiked around in the countryside around London in April of '72
                      and every spring since then, when the weather turns mild again,
                      I'm reminded of that idylic time.

                      Peter G Henry wrote:
                      >
                      > Hi sleepless
                      > I spend all my time in front of my screen as I can't sleep due to lung
                      > disease so I know what it is like for you.
                      > But hey don't let it get you down, I say what I think and get in hot water
                      > you may have noticed.
                      > I am in the UK so if there is anything you want mail me if I can it will be
                      > done.
                      > These lists are the best on the web the nicest people around.
                    Your message has been successfully submitted and would be delivered to recipients shortly.