RE: [NTB] What does TabWidth=30 refer to

  • Raymond Fitzgerald
    Message 1 of 1 , May 1, 2000
      Hi Stephen,

      >What does TabWidth=30 refer to in
      >
      >= V5 MultiLine NoSorting TabWidth=30
      >
      >Because if I change it to 240, nothing seems to change.

      Doesn't look like this got answered on the list so I'll give it a shot.
      TabWidth=30 is the default width assigned when you use NoteTab to create a
      new outline document or clip library.

      To see it in action in a clip library, switch to the Smilies library. Each
      clip header is composed of the smiley + tab + explanation. All the
      explanations line up, which of course would be time-consuming and more
      difficult to do with spaces. Right-click in the clipbook combobox and open
      Smilies.clb as a document. In the very first line change the 30 to 20 or 50
      and save the document. Immediately you'll see the difference in the clipbook
      window.

      Outline documents work the same way. You can use tabs inside the header
      names to simulate a hierarchy, for example. I do just that in the
      not-quite-completed Help481.otl (sorry! soon, soon).

      Cheers,
      Ray