Re: [NTB] Tab stop settings

    Message 1 of 14 , May 1, 2000
      Hi Sleepless,

      > Thanks Jim and Jody.

      You're welcome!-)

      > It's all so easy when you know how!

      I think the best way to learn NoteTab's features is to go through
      Options and change settings to see the effect it has. There is a
      Help button on every tab display. Perhaps do a tab a day. I
      learn things a lot better by searching for the answer and
      remember it longer than I do when somebody gives me the answer.
      Additional, when I an searching for an answer I find out new
      things a long the way.

      "A tab a day helps keep Jody away." <bg>

      http://www.sureword.com/notetab

      The NoteTab Basic Discussion List
      mailto:NoteTab-Subscribe@...
      http://www.egroups.com/list/notetab
    • Sleepless in Seattle
      Message 2 of 14 , May 2, 2000
        Jody wrote:

        > I think the best way to learn NoteTab's features is to go through
        > Options and change settings to see the effect it has. There is a
        > Help button on every tab display. Perhaps do a tab a day. I
        > learn things a lot better by searching for the answer and
        > remember it longer than I do when somebody gives me the answer.
        > Additional, when I an searching for an answer I find out new
        > things a long the way.

        Thanks for those tips Jody.

        I suffer from a little understood progressively disabling chronic
        illness that makes it increasingly difficult for me to sit up at
        my desk to use my computer. So I'm not able to devote much time
        to browsing through all the options and tabs to see what I might
        find. As I become more and more house-bound, my computer is
        becoming more-and-more my life-line to the outside world. That's
        why I rely on you guys to tell me where to find stuff. I just
        don't have the stamina to dig it out anymore. Just sitting up in
        a chair is painful, and the longer I sit the more painful it
        gets.

        So please accept my thanks for all the times you guys have helped
        me out. I'll try not to wear out my welcome here.
      • james.homme@highmark.com
        Message 3 of 14 , May 2, 2000
          Hi Sleepless,
          You just keep asking. If I know, I'll keep telling.
          Jim

          Sleepless in Seattle <desvelado@...> on 05/02/2000 12:27:04 PM

          Please respond to notetab@egroups.com

          To: notetab@egroups.com

          cc: (bcc: James D Homme/Contractor/Highmark)

          Subject: Re: [NTB] Tab stop settings

          Jody wrote:

          > I think the best way to learn NoteTab's features is to go through
          > Options and change settings to see the effect it has. There is a
          > Help button on every tab display. Perhaps do a tab a day. I
          > learn things a lot better by searching for the answer and
          > remember it longer than I do when somebody gives me the answer.
          > Additional, when I an searching for an answer I find out new
          > things a long the way.

          Thanks for those tips Jody.

          I suffer from a little understood progressively disabling chronic
          illness that makes it increasingly difficult for me to sit up at
          my desk to use my computer. So I'm not able to devote much time
          to browsing through all the options and tabs to see what I might
          find. As I become more and more house-bound, my computer is
          becoming more-and-more my life-line to the outside world. That's
          why I rely on you guys to tell me where to find stuff. I just
          don't have the stamina to dig it out anymore. Just sitting up in
          a chair is painful, and the longer I sit the more painful it
          gets.

          So please accept my thanks for all the times you guys have helped
          me out. I'll try not to wear out my welcome here.

          eLerts
          http://click.egroups.com/1/3864/6/_/2478/_/957284882/

          ----------

          "This e-mail and any attachments to it are confidential and are intended solely
          received this e-mail in error, please notify the sender. The views expressed in
          this e-mail message do not necessarily represent the views of Highmark Inc., its
          subsidiaries, or affiliates."

          Message 4 of 14 , May 2, 2000
            Hi Sleepless,

            > So please accept my thanks for all the times you guys have
            > helped me out. I'll try not to wear out my welcome here.

            No problem, you ask questions that I am sure others are
            interesting in as well, and do not ask for whatever reason. I
            don't know if it would help you, but you might consider opening
            Options, and use the Help button on each tab. When the Help file
            opens to the tab's section in Help, print it. Perhaps you can
            then read it in a more comfortable position.

            I'm glad you wrote, saves me the trouble of trying to remember to write you. <g> I received a post from a member that thought I had said something to you that was uncalled for in the sense I was belittling because he did not know what <bg> meant. It followed my long paragraph reply to your reply about how to select the text to use in the Find side of the Replace dialog to reformat your country codes list.

            > So, now, tell me what I just did.

            You formatted your document.?.?.? <bg>

            If you remember, you followed your question above with what you
            really wanted to ask/find out. So, being the jokester I am at
            times, I split the paragraph to make a joke out of it, because by
            itself means you did not remember what you just did. Obviously
            you did else you wouldn't have asked specific questions about it.
            In case you or others don't know, here are some symbols commonly
            used in eMail to show expression or the like:

            :), ;), :-), :-D, ;-> are smiley faces (See the "Smilies" Library)

            Here are some of the common acronyms (and the like) used:

            <g> = grin
            <bg> = big grin
            <vbg> = very big grin
            LOL = Laughing out loud
            ROTFL = Rolling on the floor laughing
            FWIW = For what it's worth
            IMO = In my opinion
            CYA = "I will see you later" is the "Windows" version ;)
            DOS version: See~you or See~ya.

            Bye for now,
            Jody Adair
            Prov. 3:5-7; 4:23

            http://www.sureword.com/sojourner
            http://www.sureword.com/kjb1611
            http://www.sureword.com/notetab
          • Stefan Elssner
            Message 5 of 14 , May 2, 2000
              Jody wrote:

              >Here are some of the common acronyms (and the like) used:
              >
              ><g> = grin
              ><bg> = big grin
              ><vbg> = very big grin
              >LOL = Laughing out loud
              >ROTFL = Rolling on the floor laughing
              >FWIW = For what it's worth
              >IMO = In my opinion
              >CYA = "I will see you later" is the "Windows" version ;)
              > DOS version: See~you or See~ya.

              Sometimes you will also see:
              *g*
              *bg*
              and so on, the same meaning as above
              AFAIK (as far as i know) that comes from some chat services that use <>
              to sorround members <nick names>.

              I for myself like to use IMHO rather than IMO *s* ('in my humble
              opinion', the *s* stands for - yes - smile) ;)

              cya
              (read it as the version your OS provides ;) )

              Stefan
              ---
              Stefan Elssner
              (still in Berlin *g*)
              elssner@...
            • Michael Acklin
              Message 6 of 14 , May 2, 2000
                I always like this one

                C U L8R = See you later
                BRB = Be Right Back
                AFK = Away From Keyboard

                At 09:34 PM 5/2/00 +0200, you wrote:
                >Jody wrote:
                > >
                > >Here are some of the common acronyms (and the like) used:
                > >
                > ><g> = grin
                > ><bg> = big grin
                > ><vbg> = very big grin
                > >LOL = Laughing out loud
                > >ROTFL = Rolling on the floor laughing
                > >FWIW = For what it's worth
                > >IMO = In my opinion
                > >CYA = "I will see you later" is the "Windows" version ;)
                > > DOS version: See~you or See~ya.
                > >

                >Sometimes you will also see:
                >*g*
                >*bg*
                >and so on, the same meaning as above
                >AFAIK (as far as i know) that comes from some chat services that use <>
                >to sorround members <nick names>.
                >
                >I for myself like to use IMHO rather than IMO *s* ('in my humble
                >opinion', the *s* stands for - yes - smile) ;)
                >
                >cya
                >(read it as the version your OS provides ;) )
                >
                >Stefan
                >---
                >Stefan Elssner
                >(still in Berlin *g*)
                >elssner@...

                >Would you like to save big on your phone bill -- and keep on saving
                >more each month? Join beMANY! Our huge buying group gives you Long Distance
                >rates which fall monthly, plus an extra $60 in FREE calls!
              • Stefan Elssner
                Message 7 of 14 , May 2, 2000
                  >I always like this one
                  >
                  >C U L8R = See you later
                  >BRB = Be Right Back
                  >AFK = Away From Keyboard

                  I like the shorts:
                  cu, or
                  l8r

                  ;-)

                  for the brb there is (as most of you know, sorry) the answer
                  wb (welcome back) (in case you did really came back *gg*)

                  always friendly, and in some cases preventing a world war:
                  NOM - no offense meant

                  nom
                  cu
                  Stefan ;-))
                • Grey Cat
                  Message 8 of 14 , May 2, 2000
                    Message 9 of 14 , May 2, 2000
                      Hi sleepless
                      I spend all my time in front of my screen as I can't sleep due to lung
                      disease so I know what it is like for you.
                      But hey don't let it get you down, I say what I think and get in hot water
                      you may have noticed.
                      I am in the UK so if there is anything you want mail me if I can it will be
                      done.
                      These lists are the best on the web the nicest people around.

                      Message 10 of 14 , May 3, 2000
                        Thanks for the pep talk! It cheered me up!

                        So, what part of the UK?

                        City or country?

                        I hiked around in the countryside around London in April of '72
                        and every spring since then, when the weather turns mild again,
                        I'm reminded of that idylic time.