Re: [NTB] Re: Seek and Destroy ... / URL of the tutorial

  • Stefan Elssner
    Message 1 of 1 , Apr 3, 2000
      Hi all,

      On Sunday Apr 2 I wrote:
      > ... ... ...
      >I have at least one good short overview on regular expressions at hand,
      >if you like I would send it to you via email. Please drop a note to my
      >private e-mail below, if you are interested.
      > ... ... ...

      Since I got *several* requests for that mysterious material since then,
      I feel now it was a little bit selfish to make a lot of words on it and
      don't give the URL ;-))

      Though, like many other useful documents, it has in fact an URL :-)

      You can get it from
      http://virtual.park.uga.edu/humcomp/perl/regex2a.html

      Sending via email was mainly intended to Hubert, since I understood his
      internet connection is much expensive, and I thought simply grabbing it
      from his local provider's mailbox maybe could save him some valuable
      time.

      This compact tutorial covers by intention the regexp syntax built in in
      the Perl programming language, esp. that used by a search program
      written in Perl.

      But for me I found it generic and simple enough, to be of general help
      with regular expressions. It has lots of samples. Together with the
      regarding topic in NoteTab's help it can be useful as a basic material,
      I think.

      A much more comprehensive description can be found at
      http://www.perl.com

      Regards
      Stefan
      ---