[NH] xhtml library (Copy)

  • Grant by way of Jody
    Message 1 of 1 , Apr 3, 2000
      Hi All,

      Grant posted this over on the HTML list. I thought maybe some of
      you expert HTML'ers might be interested in testing this Library.
      It is over my HTML knowledge, but it looks very power and intuitive
      as far as HTML Clip building goes.

      Grant wrote from New Zealand still hanging on to the bottom of the
      earth:)

      Anyone interested in helping with or beta testing a new xhtml library?

      Features
      Prevents you making common handcoding errors.

      * WellFormedness error checking.
      ---Prevents overlapping elements
      --Only wraps legal elements
      * Complete Access to all Attributes for each Element in DTD.
      * Easy to add Attributes to Elements. By placing cursor in anywhere in
      an opening
      element tag and clicking the addAttrib clip the complete list of all the
      legally available Attributes are presented for that Element.
      *Easy to Change attribute value for any Element. By placing cursor on an
      Attribute and
      clicking the changeAttrib clip the list of all the legally available values
      for that Attribute appear in an appropriate notetab wizard to enable you to
      correctly change Attributes.

      Might interest those developing or working with DTDs for XML as the library
      was made by converting the
      XHTML strict DTD into a clip library.

      Makes extensive use of Notetab's Array handling capabilities to hold the DTD
      ENTITIES in arrays which constitute valid attribute lists for each element
      and establishes the canContain array which tells Notetab what it can
      legitimately wrap with ^&.
      Makes use of some of new Notetab Pro's 4.81 features.

      I have plenty of other ideas for this library.
      Which I will (time willing) develop over the next week or two or three or
      If you are interested in helping with or beta testing this new xhtml library
      please contact me.
      emerge@....
      Thanks Grant.