[NTB] Re: Rearranging Columns in NTP Table WAS: Excel toNTP Coversion?

  • Sleepless in Seattle
    Message 1 of 2 , Apr 2, 2000
      Jody wrote:

      > Set your tab width to a wider distance. You might have to
      > replace the two tabs ^t^t with one ^t. The new tab setting is
      > not in real time on the open document.

      I think Jody may have found the problem. Does the tab width
      setting affect only the file open when you change the setting?

      I found this under the help for "Document Properties:"

      Tab Size: Text Tab size. You can set multiple tab sizes in
      NoteTab Std by separating each value with a semi-colon (;).
      Values must be ordered in increasing sizes and represent the
      distance from the left margin.

      Tab Units (only available in NoteTab Light/Std): Defines units
      used for tab size.

      Does that mean that I can't set my own tab stops in NTP, but
      will have to run NT Standard in addition to running NTP?

      And what does it mean that the new tab setting is not in "real
      time" on the open document?
      Message 2 of 2 , Apr 2, 2000
        Hi Sleepless in Seattle,

        > Does the tab width setting affect only the file open when you
        > change the setting?

        It depends on where you set it from. If you do it from the
        Document menu on the main menu, then it only sets it for the
        currently focused document as it does with any of the options in
        that dialog. (Document | Properties.) The settings in it will
        override the settings in Options under the Document tab.

        From Help: Options | Document
        The options you set on this tab define the default document
        properties that will apply to all newly opened documents and
        those that have the Default option checked. You can define word
        wrap, automatic indentation, tabulator width, font name and size,
        etc.

        Dos ASCII: This setting is only available in the Document
        Properties dialog box.

        > I found this under the help for "Document Properties:"

        Great, you are looking. ;)

        > Tab Units (only available in NoteTab Light/Std): Defines units
        > used for tab size.
        >
        > Does that mean that I can't set my own tab stops in NTP, but
        > will have to run NT Standard in addition to running NTP?

        Yes sir, or NoteTab Light. I believe it is an input control
        thing causing the difference between Pro and Std/Light.

        > And what does it mean that the new tab setting is not in "real
        > time" on the open document?

        It means that Jody feel asleep at the wheel one dark-thirty in
        the AM. ;) What I am referring to is when I mentioned "real
        time" I had said that I thought you had to open a new document
        and paste the data in. Dummie me was not using the individual
        Document Properties overriding the global settings in Options. It
        was a few months back when I was playing with it. Anyway, if you
        go to Document | Properties from the main menu and change the tab
        width you will see it change right away, in "real time" like word
        wrapping to a specified column in NoteTab Pro. Std/Light on the
        other hand does not wrap in real time when column wrap is set and
        one has to use the Update column wrap to have the text wrap at
        the specified column.

        I hope that helped!

        http://www.sureword.com/notetab

        The NoteTab Basic Discussion List