[NTB] Re: Converting .txt files into outline files

  • Paul M. King
    Message 1 of 3 , Apr 2, 2000
      At 03:02 AM 4/2/00 -0600, you wrote:
      >Hi Paul,
      >
      > > I bog down trying to move .txt files (from their folder noted
      > > above) into the outline section. That's really what my last two
      > > posts were all about.
      > >
      > > What works best for me is Document | Insert File. This appears
      > > to be a cut and paste in a single command and deletes the
      > > original file name. I do not understand how I can save or alter
      > > the old file name which will be reflected somehow in the new
      > > outline heading.
      >
      >What you are trying to do manually would be best to do with a
      >Clip. It could do it all in a matter of seconds or minutes
      >depending on how many a "slug" is. <G> I can build one for you
      >if you wish and actually I think I already have a nice one made.
      >It is a very easy Clip to write if one knows Clip writing.
      >
      >If a "slug" is only a dozen or so files, then there are a few
      >ways you could do it manually. I think this might be easiest for you.

      Hi Jody:

      I have moved the files manually, but I would not want to move
      multiple files that way again. Apparently my questions about
      saving a .txt file name were meaningless as I have had to create
      a new outline name before moving them.

      Tomorrow, I'll try the method you describe for a new set of files.

      This exercise has motivated me to get cracking on building
      clips. So far, my skill extends only to a few lines and simple
      commands.

      Build me a clip that will do the job only if you have the time as
      now I will be pestering you over on the Clip list. |8--)>

      Without your counsel, I would have up a creek on this one, Jody.

      PK