[NTB] Deleting outline documents and headings

  • Paul M. King
    Message 1 of 3 , Apr 1 5:02 PM
      I have just begun making outline documents and find
      dual instructions for deleting from the keyboard. First.
      bring up ReadMe.otl.

      In the body of the document it says to use Ctrl-Shift-D to
      delete the current topic. The second method, which
      calls for placing the mouse cursor over the document
      heading pane, causes this reminder to appear on the status
      bar: Ctrl-Shift-R = Remove heading.

      Does "heading" mean the same thing as "topic"? Or does
      one term apply to the body of the text and the other to the
      heading? Or do both controls remove the text and the heading?

      Paul King
      Message 2 of 3 , Apr 1 9:14 PM
        Hi Paul,

        > Does "heading" mean the same thing as "topic"? Or does one term
        > apply to the body of the text and the other to the heading? Or
        > do both controls remove the text and the heading?

        The name of the section or tile is the Topic Heading (or name).
        The body of text is referred to as the Topic Contents.

        I suppose just Topic alone would be both of them. ;)

        http://www.sureword.com/notetab

        The NoteTab Basic Discussion List
        mailto:NoteTab-Subscribe@...
        http://www.egroups.com/list/notetab
      • Raymond Fitzgerald
        Message 3 of 3 , Apr 3 11:00 AM
          Hi Paul,

          >bring up ReadMe.otl.
          >
          >In the body of the document it says to use Ctrl-Shift-D to
          >delete the current topic. The second method, which
          >calls for placing the mouse cursor over the document
          >heading pane, causes this reminder to appear on the status
          >bar: Ctrl-Shift-R = Remove heading.

          You've probably figured this out already, but "R" is correct to remove
          heading; the "D" is apparently a typo. It's also in the Help topic "Create
          Outline Documents" that way. (Shift+Ctrl+D adds the current document to
          Favorites.)

          Cheers,
          Ray