[NTB] install both lite and pro

  • PatHanneman
    Message 1 of 2 , Mar 31, 2000
      hi!
      sorry to have to ask here but egroup's search engine isn't availble.

      I have notetab-pro 4.8 and i just downloaded 4.81 lite
      want to try lite but do i have to uninstall pro. do you have recommendations about installing lite? i'd rather not uninstall pro....

      tia
      patH

      health-e-cooking!
      Pat Hanneman http://home.earthlink.net/~kitpath/
      Home of the Mastercook Resource Network (MC's Rn)
      Message 2 of 2 , Apr 1, 2000
        Hi Pat,

        > I have notetab-pro 4.8 and i just downloaded 4.81 lite want to
        > try lite but do i have to uninstall pro. do you have
        > recommendations about installing lite? i'd rather not uninstall
        > pro....

        You do not have to uninstall Pro. You can install Light into its
        own directory or the same folder as Pro.

        If you prefer, you can install it "any 'ol where" and close it
        once installed. Click on NoteTab.exe and press Ctrl+C and go to
        NotePro's main folder. Click in a blank area of the large file
        window to give it the focus and press Ctrl+V. Double click on
        NoteTab.exe. Go back to the Light folder and double click on
        Remove.exe. Open NotePro.ini in NoteTab Light. Save it as
        "!NoteTab.ini" w/o the quotes, but with "!" and restart NoteTab
        Light. You will now have a Light setup like your Pro version
        minus perhaps some tools if you choose not to run the commercial
        features. I have not tried the ini trick lately, but it still
        should work. If you run into problems just delete NoteTab.ini
        (not NotePro.ini) when Light is closed and a new one will be
        built.

        http://www.sureword.com/notetab

        The NoteTab Basic Discussion List
        mailto:NoteTab-Subscribe@...