[NTB] Re: Sounds

  • Jim
    Message 1 of 12 , Mar 30, 2000
      On Fri, 31 Mar 2000 01:18:17 -0600, you wrote:

      >Hi Brenda,
      >
      > > I have a lovely Machine Gun sound (it really rips and I love it!!)
      >
      >I think we are going to have to keep a close eye on this one. ;)
      >
      > > but for the *life* of me, I can't find where the other sounds
      > > can be set (!!!) -- though I have been there before and have
      > > one sound set there. Can somebody tell me: how do I get back
      > > to that screen (that place) and can I set a *different* sound
      > > for each action there (the sound I set comes on for all
      > > actions).
      >
      >I think you are speaking of the MS Sounds. It is under the View
      >tab when you first open up Options in the lower left.

      The tick box in my copy is 'greyed out'. What does this mean?

      J.
      Message 2 of 12 , Mar 31, 2000
        Hi Jim,

        >> I think you are speaking of the MS Sounds. It is under the View
        >> tab when you first open up Options in the lower left.
        >
        > The tick box in my copy is 'greyed out'. What does this mean?

        It means you do not have MS Office Sounds installed, at least where
        NoteTab looks for them.

        http://www.sureword.com/notetab

        The NoteTab Basic Discussion List
        mailto:NoteTab-Subscribe@...
        http://www.egroups.com/list/notetab
      • Brenda Adams
        Message 3 of 12 , Mar 31, 2000
          At 12:01 AM 3/31/2000 , you wrote:
          >Hi Jim,
          >
          > >> I think you are speaking of the MS Sounds. It is under the View
          > >> tab when you first open up Options in the lower left.
          > >
          > > The tick box in my copy is 'greyed out'. What does this mean?
          >
          >It means you do not have MS Office Sounds installed, at least where
          >NoteTab looks for them.
          >
          >Happy NoteTab'n,
          >Jody Adair

          Jody and Jim,

          Mine is grayed-out too because I don't have MSOffice, but somehow I
          installed a sound (somewhere) for all Open, etc., and now I can't find
          where it was I set that. Wasn't Tab, wasn't Tools. I've been there
          several times (to this place that you can set for Open, New, etc., but now
          can't find my way back. I have one sound doing most
          things. <wah> Sounds, sounds, sounds.... I'm going insane again -- over
          sounds this time. :)

          Brenda
        • David McIntosh
          Message 4 of 12 , Mar 31, 2000
            Hi brenda
            Try looking in START\SETINGS\CONTROL PANEL\SOUNDS and the actual are
            located in WINDOWS\MEDIA

            THANKYOU DAVE

            Brenda Adams wrote:

            > At 12:01 AM 3/31/2000 , you wrote:
            > >Hi Jim,

            > > > The tick box in my copy is 'greyed out'. What does this mean?
            > >
            > >It means you do not have MS Office Sounds installed, at least where
            > >NoteTab looks for them.
            > >
            > >Happy NoteTab'n,
            > >Jody Adair
            >
            > Jody and Jim,
            >
            > Mine is grayed-out too because I don't have MSOffice, but somehow I
            > installed a sound (somewhere) for all Open, etc., and now I can't find
            > where it was I set that. Wasn't Tab, wasn't Tools. I've been there
            > several times (to this place that you can set for Open, New, etc., but now
            > can't find my way back. I have one sound doing most
            > things. <wah> Sounds, sounds, sounds.... I'm going insane again -- over
            > sounds this time. :)
            >
            > Brenda

            > Learn more with SmartPlanet. It's a new way of learning online.
            > SmartPlanet offers hundreds of courses to take on your time,
            > in your space. Join for FREE today!

            > -- http://www.egroups.com/vote?listname=notetab&m=1
          • Brenda Adams
            Message 5 of 12 , Mar 31, 2000
              At 08:45 AM 3/31/2000 , you wrote:
              >Hi brenda
              >Try looking in START\SETINGS\CONTROL PANEL\SOUNDS and the actual are
              >located in WINDOWS\MEDIA
              >
              > THANKYOU DAVE

              Thanks Dave, but the place I'm trying to get back to is within the NoteTab
              program -- I set one of my favorite sounds there...and I'll be darned if I
              can find the place again. Darn... I've seen this place several times...
              and now I can't find it. All I remember is: it let us tell it what
              actions to set sound for...and I had the impression we could pick a
              different sound for different actions...but when I was done, all I got was
              my one fav sound for all actions chosen....

              I figured you all would know exactly where it was... this is odd. Well,
              I will find it eventually and report back. It was inside NoteTab...not
              some external thing. I'm having looked for it again since I posted about
              it.... I will look again next week. I am leaving town...... <get outta town>

              brenda
            • Harvey R Savage
              Message 6 of 12 , Mar 31, 2000
                Hi Brenda,

                Try View|Options|Toolbar - Bottom right, Play Sound.

                --
                ¿? Harvey R. Savage
                ¿? 40 Golf Course Road
                Message 7 of 12 , Mar 31, 2000
                  At 10:32 AM 3/31/2000 ,Harvey R. Savage wrote:

                  >Try View|Options|Toolbar - Bottom right, Play Sound.

                  THERE WE ARE!!! Thank you, Harvey. I can't believe I couldn't find it
                  by myself. I just (again, again, again) went searching thru the
                  view/options array and never saw it.... I swear, this is so weird...how you
                  can go over and over those various pages and not get there. Ic can't tell
                  you how many times I've gone thru all the Option tabs looking for this
                  page. <feeble here> It's enuf to make you drink!)

                  Thanks so much, Harvey (and all those who tried to help me). NOW, I can
                  try to set one sound per action. xxxxx0000000

                  Brenda
                • Jody Adair
                  Message 8 of 12 , Mar 31, 2000
                    Hi Brenda,

                    > I can't believe I couldn't find it by myself...I can't tell
                    > you how many times I've gone thru all the Option tabs looking
                    > for page

                    You said you checked that in the second post I sent. <g>

                    You might be interested in my NotePage sounds that can be
                    downloaded from my Libraries page:

                    http://www.sureword.com/html/library.html

                    In particular: messed.wav, mistake.wav, and dumb.wav <vbg> I use
                    them for error messages.

                    Extract the self-extracting file into your NoteTab sounds
                    folder. Enjoy, all meant in fun of course.

                    Re:

                    I think you are speaking of the MS Sounds. It is under the View
                    tab when you first open up Options in the lower left.

                    There is sound under the Tab Bar, Tools, and Toolbar tabs.

                    You can also add sounds to clips, .wav and .mid, with or without
                    an external player visibly executing.

                    -jody
                  • Brenda Adams
                    Message 9 of 12 , Mar 31, 2000
                      At 01:50 PM 3/31/2000 , you wrote:
                      >Hi Brenda,
                      >
                      > > I can't believe I couldn't find it by myself...I can't tell
                      > > you how many times I've gone thru all the Option tabs looking
                      > > for page
                      >
                      >You said you checked that in the second post I sent. <g>

                      Did not! <crazy, but not dumb! Not TOOLBAR....which I will never now forget
                      again>

                      >You might be interested in my NotePage sounds that can be
                      >downloaded from my Libraries page:
                      >
                      >http://www.sureword.com/html/library.html
                      >
                      >In particular: messed.wav, mistake.wav, and dumb.wav <vbg> I use
                      >them for error messages.

                      Am getting them now. For others: the above page link was missing a word
                      and therefore, took me to an error page. Here it is fixed:
                      http://www.sureword.com/notetab/html/library.html ( 'notetab' was
                      missing on the above url... so I added it and now this link will take you
                      to Jody's sounds and more.) :) The sounds are at top right.

                      >Extract the self-extracting file into your NoteTab sounds
                      >folder. Enjoy, all meant in fun of course.
                      >

                      >There is sound under the Tab Bar, Tools, and Toolbar tabs.

                      Now, I know this, yes. <after some hair pulling...it was the Toolbar that
                      kept eluding me>

                      >You can also add sounds to clips, .wav and .mid, with or without
                      >an external player visibly executing.

                      Yes? Well, this is the part I'm fighting with now. My pea-brain (not
                      dumb...just under-exposed) is not ready to absorb. I will ponder....as I
                      travel the great Northwest. Thanks for all your help, Jody.

                      Brenda

                      Message 10 of 12 , Mar 31, 2000
                        Hi Brenda,

                        >http://www.sureword.com/notetab/html/library.html

                        Grandma Kay and I are in competition for who can post more bad
                        links. <g>

                        >> There is sound under the Tab Bar, Tools, and Toolbar tabs.
                        >
                        > Now, I know this, yes. <after some hair pulling...it was the
                        > Toolbar that kept eluding me>

                        Yep, that was in the post that I had sent and I misread you just
                        like you missed the Toolbar after Tab bar. :) No biggie, glad
                        you found what you wanted. I did not think you were looking for
                        Toolbar since I assumed you were wanting different sounds for all
                        the different tools.

                        > Thanks for all your help, Jody.

                        You're welcome!-)

                        If you would please, keep the subject line the same so it is
                        easier to search archives and sort in the future unless the
                        thread goes to a different subject.