[NTB] Problem with Mapi

  • Wolfgang Frisch
    Message 1 of 3 , Mar 26, 2000
      Hi alltogether,

      I have a problem, where I need some help. I love it to "design" my email in
      notetab and send it to Eudora then. But after having migrated to win98 SE
      (US) this does not work any longer. Notepro tells me of some strange mapi
      problems and denies handing the email over to Eudora. From my ECCO Pro PIM
      it is no problem to send adresses to Eudora.

      I reinstalled the software several times:

      de / reinstall Eudora mapi
      reinstall Eudora (full) + mapi then notetab
      reinstall notetab and then eudora.

      BTW: Eudora MAPI setting is set to "use mapi server always".

      Nothing did work. This problem MUST have a solution :). thanks for yourhelp.

      Wolfgang
    • Wolfgang Frisch
      Message 2 of 3 , Apr 1, 2000
        Hi Stefan, Larry, Jody, Eric ....

        thanks for your help.

        OExpress did not help. I installed, de-, re ...installed this thing and
        nothing happened. I could not find exchange. But this took me to the
        Outlook 98 software. After having installed this, mapi appeared again.

        the reg entry

        HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\SOFTWARE\Microsoft\Windows Messaging Subsystem

        was missing in the beginning. It appeared when I started playing with
        OExpress. There were a lot of entries, among them someting with a "1" in
        between :)

        There is only one thing, I still am missing: when I send my msgs from NTP
        to eudora they get there, but the focus remains on NTP, so I have to switch
        manually. I suppose this has to do with my clip. ......... I think I killed
        this too with ^!FocusApp Eudora Pro *

        BTW: when I get some time to spend I will try to deinstall OL 98 and see if
        things keep on working.

        Thanks a lot.

        Wolfgang
        2000-04-01:1717
        D00002338
        Message 3 of 3 , Apr 2, 2000
          Hi Wolfgang

          > But this took me to the Outlook 98 software. After having
          > installed this, mapi appeared again.

          Kind of a drastic fix, eh? ;)

          > There is only one thing, I still am missing: when I send my
          > msgs from NTP to eudora they get there, but the focus remains
          > on NTP, so I have to switch manually. I suppose this has to do
          > with my clip.

          Send your Clip to the Clips list or to me private eMail and I'll
          take a look.

          > BTW: when I get some time to spend I will try to deinstall OL
          > 98 and see if things keep on working.

          Save your reg keys before doing so. ;)

          Happy Clip'n!
          Jody