[NTB] editing clipbook - still not saving

  • PatHanneman
    Message 1 of 3 , Mar 12, 2000
      I'm resending this because it continues to happen - and annoy.
      If i edit a clip and use the right menu to close the (clip) document, it doesn't save.

      when I close the clip document and use save all and still see the "Save now" available (not dimmed) in the clip library... ?

      help! What's the trick? to get the current version of the clip library to save?

      Is it the norton 2000 antivirus autoprotect?
      Do i not have a dll expected by notetab?
      win98 SE

      I'm not even sure I'm testing the current version of the clip i've been editing. This is very frustrating.

      pat

      --------[previous report]----

      Has anyone noticed that the clips don't always reflect the change immediately?
      Even when we use the "Save now" option in the clipbook's menu?

      I've been editing a clip and using the "Save now" from the shortcut menu for clips and the change has not been affected. So, I suspect that it must be those boo files - that ntp is using the backup version of the clip prior to the change. Switching libraries and returning to the library with the edited clip doesn't reflect the change. Quitting ntp and restarting does.

      Here are my settings (win98se)

      NTp's short cut specifies start in the program's directory
      I've used options to find documents in "my documents" folder...
      and favorites to find other folders.

      I've turned backup docs off.

      I'm using "NoteTab Pro 4.8/np (Full version) #33

      health-e-cooking!
      Pat Hanneman http://home.earthlink.net/~kitpath/
      Home of the Mastercook Resource Network (MC's Rn)
      Message 2 of 3 , Mar 13, 2000
        Hi Pat,

        > I'm resending this because it continues to happen - and annoy.
        > If i edit a clip and use the right menu to close the (clip)
        > document, it doesn't save.

        Do you have "Save Without Prompt" checked in the Clipbook Options
        and if so are you expecting it to save when you close the Clip
        Editor? If so, it does not save until you exit the Library which
        would include closing the Clipbook or exiting NoteTab.

        > when I close the clip document and use save all and still see
        > the "Save now" available (not dimmed) in the clip library... ?

        Do you mean when you close the Clip Editor? Do you also have the
        Library open as a document at the same time? Can you explain
        exactly what you do have open and the steps you are taking
        please?

        If you have the Library open as a document and also the Clip
        Editor and made changes to both you are confusing NoteTab it
        appears. Only edit one at a time.

        > help! What's the trick? to get the current version of the clip
        > library to save?

        I'm not sure. I tried a lot of things to try to duplicate it and
        the only thing I could come up with is when I had both the Clip
        Editor open and the Library as a document with both in the
        unsaved state and saved the document I could not save the Clip.
        I ended up closing it and my regular temp doc tab when to an
        unsaved state and I could not save it. Strange. Perhaps I'll
        try to duplicate it after some rest.

        http://www.sureword.com/notetab

        The NoteTab Basic Discussion List
        mailto:NoteTab-Subscribe@...
        http://www.egroups.com/list/notetab
      • Eric G.V. Fookes
        Message 3 of 3 , Mar 14, 2000
          Hello Pat,

          >I'm resending this because it continues to happen - and annoy.
          >If i edit a clip and use the right menu to close the (clip) document, it
          >doesn't save.
          >
          >when I close the clip document and use save all and still see the "Save
          >now" available (not dimmed) in the clip library... ?
          >
          >help! What's the trick? to get the current version of the clip library to
          >save?

          It has always been this way. I designed the Clip editor to behave
          differently from normal documents because you can also modify libraries
          without having it open. So the Save procedure used for Clipbook libraries
          is different from normal documents.

          However, I can see your point and agree it may not be obvious for most
          users. So I will change this behavior in the next NoteTab update...

          Regards,
          Eric Fookes
          NoteTab v4.8 available from