[NTB] Re: NTP as Netscape Message Editor

  • PatHanneman
    Message 1 of 2 , Mar 11 8:01 AM
      At 03/11/2000 , Sleepless in Seattle wrote:

      > Now that I'm a confirmed NoteTabber, I guess it's time to tackle
      >the question of how I can use NTP as the default text editor with
      >Netscape 4.7.
      >
      > I suppose the first question I should ask is if this is even
      >possible. Is it?

      Sure. First open notetab and look on the help menu. There are two options: replace ms notepad... and restore ms notepad...

      Select "Replace" and txt files will be associated with notepad.

      I restarted Windows after doing that. Don't think we have to: it's an old habit.

      Next time you use netscape to load a text file, it should open it with note pad.

      If the "replace" option is dimmed, it means it's already been done and if netscape is still using notepad, then use the right click to open a text file, select open with, select notetab and check the box that says "Always use..."

      patH

      health-e-cooking!
      Pat Hanneman http://home.earthlink.net/~kitpath/
      Home of the Mastercook Resource Network (MC's Rn)