[NTB] Sorting leaves text highlighted

  • Sleepless in Seattle
    Message 1 of 4 , Mar 11, 2000
      I've begun using NTP for my things-to-do list. I tag each item
      on the list with a priority code like A1, B3, C2 etc and then use
      the "Sort Ascending" command to prioritize the list.

      Trouble is that when the sort is done it leaves the entire list
      highlighted (selected). Then if I type any key the entire list
      is deleted.

      Is there a way to configure the Sort command so that it won't
      leave the sorted text highlighted when it's finished sorting?
    • PatHanneman
      Message 2 of 4 , Mar 11, 2000
        At 03/11/2000 , Sleepless in Seattle wrote:
        >I've begun using NTP for my things-to-do list. I tag each item
        >on the list with a priority code like A1, B3, C2 etc and then use
        >the "Sort Ascending" command to prioritize the list.
        >
        >Trouble is that when the sort is done it leaves the entire list
        >highlighted (selected). Then if I type any key the entire list
        >is deleted.
        >
        >Is there a way to configure the Sort command so that it won't
        >leave the sorted text highlighted when it's finished sorting?

        You could put it in a clip. I've send you a copy of the one I use and post it on the clips lists as well.

        patH

        health-e-cooking!
        Pat Hanneman http://home.earthlink.net/~kitpath/
        Home of the Mastercook Resource Network (MC's Rn)
      • Sleepless in Seattle
        Message 3 of 4 , Mar 12, 2000
          PatHanneman wrote:

          > You could put it in a clip. I've send you a copy of the one I use and post it on the clips lists as well.

          Thanks for the clip. I'm afraid I don't yet know the clip
          language or how to implement it. But I guess it's time I gave it
          a try.

          I've been a little under the weather for a week or so, but as
          soon as I'm feeling a little better I'll sign up for the clip
          list and give it a go.

          Thanks again.
        • PatHanneman
          Message 4 of 4 , Mar 12, 2000

            At 03/12/2000 , Sleepless in Seattle wrote:
            >Thanks for the clip. I'm afraid I don't yet know the clip
            >language or how to implement it. But I guess it's time I gave it
            >a try.

            Well, in the meantime then, after you sort those lines, click the mouse somewhere away from the selected text or if you prefer to use a key, use one of the cursor keys: a right arrow key, or the [end] key...

            that will turn the selection off.

            patH