[NTB] More Second Window Questions

  • Sleepless in Seattle
    Message 1 of 2 , Mar 10, 2000
      I think the "Second Window" feature will be very helpful and
      useful to me once I learn how to work it. I finally found the
      "Second Window" help paragraph under "Document Menu" (So I think
      I may finally be starting to understand the logic of the Help
      file index: you don't look for what you're looking for, but
      instead look for the menu that has what you're are looking on it,
      (if you happen to know that)).

      The short paragraph on "Second Window" has answered nearly all
      my questions.

      But I still have a few left.

      First; I'm still wondering if there isn't a way to display a
      header bar at the top of each window showing the filename of the
      file displayed in the window. That would sure beat having to
      look up to the row of tabs and then having to scan left and right
      looking for the number "1" or number "2" to figure out which file
      you happen to be looking at.

      And second; is there any way to tell which of the split windows
      is the active window, other that looking for the blinking cursor
      (which may not even be on screen at the time)? I mean, could I
      configure NTP so that the inactive window turned to a different
      color or something that would be more obvious to my failing
      eyeballs?

      If either of these features isn't available, then, which would
      be the appropriate list to post a "wish-list" request?
      Message 2 of 2 , Mar 11, 2000
        Hi Sleepless,

        > First; I'm still wondering if there isn't a way to display a
        > header bar at the top of each window showing the filename of the
        > file displayed in the window.

        No, there is not.

        > And second; is there any way to tell which of the split windows is
        > the active window, other that looking for the blinking cursor
        > (which may not even be on screen at the time)?

        Look under Options | Tab Bar and change the color of the
        Active/Inactive to a sharper contrast. Perhaps that will help you
        some. I don't use the icons so maybe that is why it is easy for me
        to see.

        http://www.sureword.com/notetab

        The NoteTab Basic Discussion List
        mailto:NoteTab-Subscribe@...