[NTB] Re: New user question

  • Raymond Fitzgerald
    Message 1 of 3 , Mar 8, 2000
      Hi T,

      >How do I get NoteTabLite to create a new document tab instead of asking
      >me the question "Another application has modified c:\...\View.T7.
      >Reload it?" If I say yes, my previous document disappears. If I say
      >no, I don't get the report I'm looking for. I want the system to
      >create View.T8, T9, etc.

      Since NoteTab is viewing your document, could you use it just as well to do
      the modifying? Then you could turn on automatic backups and make the type
      incremental (Files tab of View | Options). Then each time you save a change,
      View.txt is backed up to View~001.txt, then View~002.txt, etc. You could
      also create a Disk File view that displays all those incremental backed up
      files in real time. Well, I've got to refresh mine--such as F6 twice. As Kay
      said, a clip could be written to do most anything you want!

      Cheers,
      Ray