[NTB] Second Window with Outline Files

  • Sleepless in Seattle
    Message 1 of 1 , Mar 8, 2000
      This morning I decided to play around with NoteTab's outline
      feature.

      I got as far as creating an outline file. And then I wanted to
      copy in some heading names from a list I had in a text file so I
      clicked "Document>Second Window" and that's when things seemed
      to get a little weird.

      I expected the second window to open up on one side or the other
      of the outline file. But instead, it opened up in the MIDDLE,
      pushing the outline "Headings List" to the left side and the
      "Contents Editor Window" to the right side.

      Is this normal behavior for the "Second Window" command when you
      have an outline file open? It seems a bit odd to me as I would
      have expected the two parts of the outline file; the "Headings
      List" and the "Contents Editor Window" to remain next to each
      other. When they are separated like that, with a different file
      in between, it makes it difficult to keep track of which window
      is the "Contents Editor Window" that goes with the outline
      "Headings List."

      Is there a way to get a second file to open up alongside, rather
      than in the middle, of the outline file?