[NTB] Re: Questions

    Message 1 of 7 , Mar 6, 2000
      Hi Dick,

      > I have been told that the Note Tab program will help me greatly
      > in downloading information. I subscribed, but haven't the
      > faintest notion of where to go from here.

      Welcome to the list!

      Subscribing is the first step to getting some questions answered.
      (Boy, does that ever sound corny. :-)

      My guess is you are referring to the Paste Board when you say
      "downloading." NoteTab does not download files like can be
      initiated through a web browser.

      There are different ways to capture text from to NoteTab from
      other applications such as a browser or eMail program. Let's
      start with the Paste Board itself though without using Clips.

      Open a new document. From the main menu click on Document and
      then Use Paste Board (Shift+Ctrl+P). Now, come back to this post
      and copy a few lines of text, say the paragraph above this one.
      Now copy this paragraph. Switch over to NoteTab and look at your
      Paste Board which had the green tab color by default. Notice
      that unlike Clipboard that gets overwritten each time you copy
      text, Paste Board appends each Clipboard change to the document
      you designate as the Paste Board.

      Now, go to NoteTab's Options (from under the View menu) and click
      on the Tools tab. Look in the larger edit window called Paste
      Board Divider. Type in something like <-- Divider --> and add a
      sound if you like. Copy or Cut some text now. You do not need
      to leave NoteTab but the Paste Board will not activate if you
      copy text from it.

      You may see some other examples of using NoteTab to gather
      information from applications for you by trying out the
      CaptureLinks Library. I also have a Library that will do a
      number of things with captured text like add it to an outline,
      print, format hyperlinks in a few different formats and some more
      I think - it's been awhile since I looked at it.

      NoteBoards
      http://www.sureword.com/notetab/html/library.html
      http://www.sureword.com/notetab/zip/notebrds.zip

      http://www.sureword.com/notetab