[NTB] Problem with Pasteboard Divider?

  • Lawrence M Hamilton, Jr.
    Message 1 of 4 , Mar 6, 2000
      I have my pasteboard divider under VIEW | OPTIONS | TOOLS, set to a row
      of *'s.

      I wanted it to do a newline before pasting it. I tried all of these, and
      all it did was paste the characters in front of the asterisks, an ideas?
      Is it the ini, or a bug?

      ^p
      ^P
      ^%nl%
      %nl%

      Thanks!

      Larry Hamilton, Jr. lmhamilton@...
      http://www.HamiltonGenSociety.org/
      My Web Site: http://notlimaH.tripod.com

      Juno now offers FREE Internet Access!
      http://dl.www.juno.com/get/tagj.
      Message 2 of 4 , Mar 6, 2000
        Hi Lawrence,

        > I wanted it to do a newline before pasting it. I tried all of
        > these, and all it did was paste the characters in front of the
        > asterisks, an ideas?
        >
        > ^p

        Just add a keyboard enter for every blank line you want. No
        tokens in that field. I have a clip for the Clipbar I use I'll
        post over to the Clips list later and might even just upload some
        icons for my various Quick Tools or is that No Mercy Tools. ;)

        http://www.sureword.com/notetab

        The NoteTab Basic Discussion List
        mailto:NoteTab-Subscribe@...
        http://www.egroups.com/list/notetab
      • PatHanneman
        Message 3 of 4 , Mar 6, 2000
          At 03/06/2000 , Lawrence M Hamilton, Jr. wrote:
          >I have my pasteboard divider under VIEW | OPTIONS | TOOLS, set to a row
          >of *'s.
          >
          >I wanted it to do a newline before pasting it. I tried all of these, and
          >all it did was paste the characters in front of the asterisks, an ideas?
          >Is it the ini, or a bug?

          I took the instruction to add a blank line literally and it works for me. no tokens.

          I'm using: a blank line, two colons, a blank line

          -pat
        • PatHanneman
          Message 4 of 4 , Mar 6, 2000
            Sorry. should have included the resulting line in the ini

            PasteBoardDivider="^P::^P^P"

            I wonder if you included the quotes?
            ---