[NTB] Re: Bugs

  • Sami Jarvinen
    Message 1 of 6 , Mar 5, 2000
      >> 1) Sometimes the mouse pointer disappears while doing something
      >> with the clipbook (Win 98 and NT).
      > What kind of mouse are you using? I have not seen it with a
      > standard serial mouse. Driver perhaps?

      The rodent is a Logitech MouseMan Wheel, PS/2 model, using the standard
      Logitech PS/2 driver that's included with the OS.

      Cheers
      Sami Järvinen
    • Sami Jarvinen
      Message 2 of 6 , Mar 5, 2000
        >>1) Sometimes the mouse pointer disappears while doing something with
        >> the clipbook (Win 98 and NT).
        >>2) The tray icon's context menu doesn't go away unless you select an
        >> item. To see what I mean, try invoking the menu and then instead of
        selecting

        To be a little more specific about the 2. issue, the menu remains not only
        visible but functional too, so it's obviously not a problem with the
        graphics device or driver :-)

        > Both looks for me rather than a problem with the graphics card driver,
        > than with NoteTab itself.

        I don't think so, since NoteTab Pro is the only piece of software showing
        such behavior.

        > But I have similar probs with the MS Internet Explorer on my machine (IE
        > 4.0 v. 4.72.x) - when going over a link, the mouse-pointer often
        > disappears and comes back only when the mouse was moved a little right
        > a little left ...

        I don't remember having experienced anything like that.

        > Therefore comes my idea, that there could be a similar reason for the
        > probs you posted.

        Doubtful, but thanks anyway :-)

        Cheers
        Sami Järvinen
      • Eric G.V. Fookes
        Message 3 of 6 , Mar 6, 2000
          Hi Sami,

          >1) Sometimes the mouse pointer disappears while doing something with the
          >clipbook (Win 98 and NT).

          I don't think this has anything to do with NoteTab, but rather a problem
          with your graphics or mouse driver.

          >2) The tray icon's context menu doesn't go away unless you select an item.
          >To see what I mean, try invoking the menu and then instead of selecting an
          >item click on some other window or the desktop. No matter what you do, the
          >menu remains.

          The system tray menu wants the corresponding application window on top of
          of Z-order in order to behave properly. In order to enforce this, I would
          have to make the NoteTab window come to the front whenever you right click
          on its icon. I tried this for a while during the beta stage and it
          irritated me so much that I preferred reverting to the current behavior. I
          think the price to pay for this is pretty insignificant.

          BTW, it is preferable not to use the regular NoteTab lists for bug reports.
          Either send them to <bugs@...> if you are sure these are bugs. If
          you're not sure, then write to <support@...>. Or, if you like, you
          subscribe to it, just send a blank e-mail to:

          mailto:ntb-beta-Subscribe@...

          Thanks.
          Regards,
          Eric Fookes