[NTB] Re: default Open behavior

    Message 1 of 5 , Mar 5, 2000
      Hi Forrest,

      >> Look in Options under File Filters and move the want you want
      >> as the default to the top of the list.
      >
      > Whichever spec was active at the last successful Open carries
      > over.

      Actually I told you wrong because I thought Eric had fixed that
      at one time. It is back to the way it was before or it never
      changed. You need to put what you want to use for the default
      open file filter in the third position from the top. This...

      html
      ini
      *.*

      ...would set all file types as your open default filter.

      http://www.sureword.com/notetab

      The NoteTab Basic Discussion List
      mailto:NoteTab-Subscribe@...
      http://www.egroups.com/list/notetab
      Message 2 of 5 , Mar 6, 2000
        Hi Forrest,

        I send my apologies to everyone that may have been following this
        thread. Myself fooled me. ;) So, scratch from memory everything
        I have said on this up to this point.

        No matter what file filter is used in the Open or Save dialogs,
        it will be the next one to come up as the default until changed
        by using the all file types filter (*.*). The up/down arrows
        that control the position in the File filters options controls
        where they are displayed in the dialogs.

        The two most common elements in the
        universe are hydrogen and stupidity.

        Signed,
        I. Claim Ignorance