[NTB] Re: Bugs

    Message 1 of 6 , Mar 5, 2000
      Hi Sami,

      > 1) Sometimes the mouse pointer disappears while doing something
      > with the clipbook (Win 98 and NT).

      What kind of mouse are you using? I have not seen it with a
      standard serial mouse. Driver perhaps?

      > 2) The tray icon's context menu doesn't go away unless you
      > select an item. To see what I mean, try invoking the menu and
      > then instead of selecting an item click on some other window or
      > the desktop. No matter what you do, the menu remains.

      I have a small utility that acts like that as well. The work
      around till Eric can fix it is click anywhere and then pass your
      mouse over the menu and it will collapse.

      http://www.sureword.com/notetab

      The NoteTab Basic Discussion List
      mailto:NoteTab-Subscribe@...
      http://www.egroups.com/list/notetab
    • Stefan Elssner
      Message 2 of 6 , Mar 5, 2000
        Hi Sami,

        >1) Sometimes the mouse pointer disappears while doing something with
        the
        >clipbook (Win 98 and NT).
        >
        >2) The tray icon's context menu doesn't go away unless you select an
        item.
        >To see what I mean, try invoking the menu and then instead of selecting
        an
        >item click on some other window or the desktop. No matter what you do,
        the
        >menu remains.

        Both looks for me rather than a problem with the graphics card driver,
        than with NoteTab itself.

        In fact, I cant reproduce the probs with my NoteTab Pro 4.8. (On a Win95
        machine).

        But I have similar probs with the MS Internet Explorer on my machine (IE
        4.0 v. 4.72.x) - when going over a link, the mouse-pointer often
        disappears and comes back only when the mouse was moved a little right
        a little left ...

        I use an ATI Rage II+ graphics adapter, and the problems are due to its
        driver, as I'm know for sure. (its the current driver from the ATI page,
        and they acknowledge the probs.) The NT driver I hab tried under NT
        workstation on the same machine was even much more weird.

        Therefore comes my idea, that there could be a similar reason for the
        probs you posted.

        Stefan

        ---
        elssner@...

        "so. what's the speed of dark?'"
      • Sami Jarvinen
        Message 3 of 6 , Mar 5, 2000
          >> 1) Sometimes the mouse pointer disappears while doing something
          >> with the clipbook (Win 98 and NT).
          > What kind of mouse are you using? I have not seen it with a
          > standard serial mouse. Driver perhaps?

          The rodent is a Logitech MouseMan Wheel, PS/2 model, using the standard
          Logitech PS/2 driver that's included with the OS.

          Cheers
          Sami Järvinen
        • Sami Jarvinen
          Message 4 of 6 , Mar 5, 2000
            >>1) Sometimes the mouse pointer disappears while doing something with
            >> the clipbook (Win 98 and NT).
            >>2) The tray icon's context menu doesn't go away unless you select an
            >> item. To see what I mean, try invoking the menu and then instead of
            selecting

            To be a little more specific about the 2. issue, the menu remains not only
            visible but functional too, so it's obviously not a problem with the
            graphics device or driver :-)

            > Both looks for me rather than a problem with the graphics card driver,
            > than with NoteTab itself.

            I don't think so, since NoteTab Pro is the only piece of software showing
            such behavior.

            > But I have similar probs with the MS Internet Explorer on my machine (IE
            > 4.0 v. 4.72.x) - when going over a link, the mouse-pointer often
            > disappears and comes back only when the mouse was moved a little right
            > a little left ...

            I don't remember having experienced anything like that.

            > Therefore comes my idea, that there could be a similar reason for the
            > probs you posted.

            Doubtful, but thanks anyway :-)

            Cheers
            Sami Järvinen
          • Eric G.V. Fookes
            Message 5 of 6 , Mar 6, 2000
              Hi Sami,

              >1) Sometimes the mouse pointer disappears while doing something with the
              >clipbook (Win 98 and NT).

              I don't think this has anything to do with NoteTab, but rather a problem
              with your graphics or mouse driver.

              >2) The tray icon's context menu doesn't go away unless you select an item.
              >To see what I mean, try invoking the menu and then instead of selecting an
              >item click on some other window or the desktop. No matter what you do, the
              >menu remains.

              The system tray menu wants the corresponding application window on top of
              of Z-order in order to behave properly. In order to enforce this, I would
              have to make the NoteTab window come to the front whenever you right click
              on its icon. I tried this for a while during the beta stage and it
              irritated me so much that I preferred reverting to the current behavior. I
              think the price to pay for this is pretty insignificant.

              BTW, it is preferable not to use the regular NoteTab lists for bug reports.
              Either send them to <bugs@...> if you are sure these are bugs. If
              you're not sure, then write to <support@...>. Or, if you like, you
              subscribe to it, just send a blank e-mail to:

              mailto:ntb-beta-Subscribe@...

              Thanks.
              Regards,
              Eric Fookes