[NTB] Bugs

  • Sami Jarvinen
    Message 1 of 6 , Mar 5, 2000
      1) Sometimes the mouse pointer disappears while doing something with the
      clipbook (Win 98 and NT).

      2) The tray icon's context menu doesn't go away unless you select an item.
      To see what I mean, try invoking the menu and then instead of selecting an
      item click on some other window or the desktop. No matter what you do, the
      menu remains.

      Cheers
      Sami Järvinen
      Message 2 of 6 , Mar 5, 2000
        Hi Sami,

        > 1) Sometimes the mouse pointer disappears while doing something
        > with the clipbook (Win 98 and NT).

        What kind of mouse are you using? I have not seen it with a
        standard serial mouse. Driver perhaps?

        > 2) The tray icon's context menu doesn't go away unless you
        > select an item. To see what I mean, try invoking the menu and
        > then instead of selecting an item click on some other window or
        > the desktop. No matter what you do, the menu remains.

        I have a small utility that acts like that as well. The work
        around till Eric can fix it is click anywhere and then pass your
        mouse over the menu and it will collapse.

        http://www.sureword.com/notetab

        The NoteTab Basic Discussion List
        mailto:NoteTab-Subscribe@...
        http://www.egroups.com/list/notetab
      • Stefan Elssner
        Message 3 of 6 , Mar 5, 2000
          Hi Sami,

          >1) Sometimes the mouse pointer disappears while doing something with
          the
          >clipbook (Win 98 and NT).
          >
          >2) The tray icon's context menu doesn't go away unless you select an
          item.
          >To see what I mean, try invoking the menu and then instead of selecting
          an
          >item click on some other window or the desktop. No matter what you do,
          the
          >menu remains.

          Both looks for me rather than a problem with the graphics card driver,
          than with NoteTab itself.

          In fact, I cant reproduce the probs with my NoteTab Pro 4.8. (On a Win95
          machine).

          But I have similar probs with the MS Internet Explorer on my machine (IE
          4.0 v. 4.72.x) - when going over a link, the mouse-pointer often
          disappears and comes back only when the mouse was moved a little right
          a little left ...

          I use an ATI Rage II+ graphics adapter, and the problems are due to its
          driver, as I'm know for sure. (its the current driver from the ATI page,
          and they acknowledge the probs.) The NT driver I hab tried under NT
          workstation on the same machine was even much more weird.

          Therefore comes my idea, that there could be a similar reason for the
          probs you posted.

          Stefan

          ---
          elssner@...

          "so. what's the speed of dark?'"
        • Sami Jarvinen
          Message 4 of 6 , Mar 5, 2000
            >> 1) Sometimes the mouse pointer disappears while doing something
            >> with the clipbook (Win 98 and NT).
            > What kind of mouse are you using? I have not seen it with a
            > standard serial mouse. Driver perhaps?

            The rodent is a Logitech MouseMan Wheel, PS/2 model, using the standard
            Logitech PS/2 driver that's included with the OS.

            Cheers
            Sami Järvinen
          • Sami Jarvinen
            Message 5 of 6 , Mar 5, 2000
              >>1) Sometimes the mouse pointer disappears while doing something with
              >> the clipbook (Win 98 and NT).
              >>2) The tray icon's context menu doesn't go away unless you select an
              >> item. To see what I mean, try invoking the menu and then instead of
              selecting

              To be a little more specific about the 2. issue, the menu remains not only
              visible but functional too, so it's obviously not a problem with the
              graphics device or driver :-)

              > Both looks for me rather than a problem with the graphics card driver,
              > than with NoteTab itself.

              I don't think so, since NoteTab Pro is the only piece of software showing
              such behavior.

              > But I have similar probs with the MS Internet Explorer on my machine (IE
              > 4.0 v. 4.72.x) - when going over a link, the mouse-pointer often
              > disappears and comes back only when the mouse was moved a little right
              > a little left ...

              I don't remember having experienced anything like that.

              > Therefore comes my idea, that there could be a similar reason for the
              > probs you posted.

              Doubtful, but thanks anyway :-)

              Cheers
              Sami Järvinen
            • Eric G.V. Fookes
              Message 6 of 6 , Mar 6, 2000
                Hi Sami,

                >1) Sometimes the mouse pointer disappears while doing something with the
                >clipbook (Win 98 and NT).

                I don't think this has anything to do with NoteTab, but rather a problem
                with your graphics or mouse driver.

                >2) The tray icon's context menu doesn't go away unless you select an item.
                >To see what I mean, try invoking the menu and then instead of selecting an
                >item click on some other window or the desktop. No matter what you do, the
                >menu remains.

                The system tray menu wants the corresponding application window on top of
                of Z-order in order to behave properly. In order to enforce this, I would
                have to make the NoteTab window come to the front whenever you right click
                on its icon. I tried this for a while during the beta stage and it
                irritated me so much that I preferred reverting to the current behavior. I
                think the price to pay for this is pretty insignificant.

                BTW, it is preferable not to use the regular NoteTab lists for bug reports.
                Either send them to <bugs@...> if you are sure these are bugs. If
                you're not sure, then write to <support@...>. Or, if you like, you
                subscribe to it, just send a blank e-mail to:

                mailto:ntb-beta-Subscribe@...

                Thanks.
                Regards,
                Eric Fookes