[NTB] Re: Pro & Light

    Message 1 of 4 , Mar 4, 2000
      Hi Steve,

      > Can NoteTab 4.8 Pro and Light be installed in the same
      > directory? I use Pro for most of my editing, but I want to use
      > Light to manage Windows clipboard text (paste board) since it
      > is smaller.

      Yes, you certainly can. Just unzip Light into Pro's folder or
      drag/drop. Be careful you don't overwrite any files you may not
      want to.

      http://www.sureword.com/notetab

      The NoteTab Basic Discussion List
      mailto:NoteTab-Subscribe@...
      http://www.egroups.com/list/notetab
    • Stefan Elssner
      Message 2 of 4 , Mar 5, 2000
        Hi Steve,

        >Can NoteTab 4.8 Pro and Light be installed in the same directory?
        >I use Pro for most of my editing, but I want to use Light to
        >manage Windows clipboard text (paste board) since it is smaller.

        If you are looking for a really small and fast NoteTab for simple
        tasks, maybe you would like the Mini NoteTab as to be found on
        http://www.fookes.com/ ? It is a rather early member of the NoteTab
        Family, the version is 2.63 as of August 1997 I think. So it lacks a
        lot of the later improved functionality, but it starts and works
        almost as fast as the MS Notepad. And it has the same tab-interface
        as it's later siblings and a - simpler - clipbook feature too.

        So I use the latest NoteTab Pro for all the bigger tasks and
        projects, but the Mini NoteTab still as Notepad replacement for all
        these small things like reading Readme files, short notices and the
        like. Mini NoteTab can't fully handle files larger than 41 kB. But
        in fact it loads a part of them anyway, so I can use a clip then,
        to start NoteTab Pro with the file in question.

        Just in case you haven't considered this yet ...

        Regards
        Stefan

        ---
        Stefan Elssner
        elssner@...
      • RS
        Message 3 of 4 , Mar 5, 2000
          Hi Steve,

          At 03/04/00 09:10 PM -0600, you wrote:
          > > Can NoteTab 4.8 Pro and Light be installed in the same
          > > directory? I use Pro for most of my editing, but I want to use
          > > Light to manage Windows clipboard text (paste board) since it
          > > is smaller.

          Install Light to a temporary folder. Copy the NoteTab.exe file and paste it
          into your main NoteTab folder. Make a copy of your NotePro.ini (in the main
          NoteTab folder) and rename the copy "NoteTab.ini". You're set.

          Now you can delete the NoteTab Light temp folder.

          Regards,

          RS