[NTB] Pro & Light

  • Steve King
    Message 1 of 4 , Mar 4, 2000
      Can NoteTab 4.8 Pro and Light be installed in the same directory? I use Pro for most of my editing, but I want to use Light to manage Windows clipboard text (paste board) since it is smaller.

      Thanks!
      Message 2 of 4 , Mar 4, 2000
        Hi Steve,

        > Can NoteTab 4.8 Pro and Light be installed in the same
        > directory? I use Pro for most of my editing, but I want to use
        > Light to manage Windows clipboard text (paste board) since it
        > is smaller.

        Yes, you certainly can. Just unzip Light into Pro's folder or
        drag/drop. Be careful you don't overwrite any files you may not
        want to.

        http://www.sureword.com/notetab

        The NoteTab Basic Discussion List
        mailto:NoteTab-Subscribe@...
        http://www.egroups.com/list/notetab
      • Stefan Elssner
        Message 3 of 4 , Mar 5, 2000
          Hi Steve,

          >Can NoteTab 4.8 Pro and Light be installed in the same directory?
          >I use Pro for most of my editing, but I want to use Light to
          >manage Windows clipboard text (paste board) since it is smaller.

          If you are looking for a really small and fast NoteTab for simple
          tasks, maybe you would like the Mini NoteTab as to be found on
          http://www.fookes.com/ ? It is a rather early member of the NoteTab
          Family, the version is 2.63 as of August 1997 I think. So it lacks a
          lot of the later improved functionality, but it starts and works
          almost as fast as the MS Notepad. And it has the same tab-interface
          as it's later siblings and a - simpler - clipbook feature too.

          So I use the latest NoteTab Pro for all the bigger tasks and
          projects, but the Mini NoteTab still as Notepad replacement for all
          these small things like reading Readme files, short notices and the
          like. Mini NoteTab can't fully handle files larger than 41 kB. But
          in fact it loads a part of them anyway, so I can use a clip then,
          to start NoteTab Pro with the file in question.

          Just in case you haven't considered this yet ...

          Regards
          Stefan

          ---
          Stefan Elssner
          elssner@...
        • RS
          Message 4 of 4 , Mar 5, 2000
            Hi Steve,

            At 03/04/00 09:10 PM -0600, you wrote:
            > > Can NoteTab 4.8 Pro and Light be installed in the same
            > > directory? I use Pro for most of my editing, but I want to use
            > > Light to manage Windows clipboard text (paste board) since it
            > > is smaller.

            Install Light to a temporary folder. Copy the NoteTab.exe file and paste it
            into your main NoteTab folder. Make a copy of your NotePro.ini (in the main
            NoteTab folder) and rename the copy "NoteTab.ini". You're set.

            Now you can delete the NoteTab Light temp folder.

            Regards,

            RS