[NTB] Re: changing icons for clipbars

    Message 1 of 4 , Mar 3, 2000
      Hi Matthew,

      > I have determined that the number listed in the ctb file
      > controls the icon, but how do I determine the available icons
      > without trying all the numbers?

      You can right click on the Clipbar and choose Button
      Properties... From there you can choose one of NoteTab's buttons
      or click on the second tab and choose one of your own provided
      you have one in the correct format in your Libraries folder.

      NoteTab's buttons are number in sequential order starting at
      zero. You may obtain a list of them from your NoteTab ini file
      found in its main folder. They will be listed under the Toolbar
      section. The "Space=..." entries (which are the separators) are
      not counted. I included at the bottom of the post each "Tool"
      for the Toolbar in Pro and their numbers.

      > Is it possible to use custom icons?

      Yes, this is a piece from a help thing I made for the Clipbar.
      Perhaps I will put the whole thing on the web.

      The icons (also known as images, buttons or glyphs) on the
      Clipbar must be either a .bmp or.ico format. The .bmp format is
      preferred over .ico because NoteTab has to change the format
      internally (not the file) in order to show it on the Clipbar.
      However, most users should not notice any difference in
      performance if .ico files are used.

      Images are made of many very tiny squares called pixels. The
      transparency is read from the bottom left pixel of the image.
      That means whatever color that pixel is, the same color in the
      image will not be seen on the Clipbar. You may have noticed some
      images you see on computers are square like a photograph and have
      a background. That is because there is no transparency set which
      may be due to the file type. Think of transparent as invisible.
      The size of the icon should be 18 by 18 pixels for best results.
      NoteTab will resize them to that; therefore, buttons that are not
      that size may get distorted. NoteTab's icons are available for
      you to use on the Clipbar. Custom icons must be kept in NoteTab's
      Library folder. The Clipbar uses the Toolbar's Options to
      determine whether the buttons are stacked or not.

      ----

      #0 New Document
      #1 Open Document
      #2 Open Template
      #3 Open File at Cursor
      #4 Open Document Link
      #5 Save Document
      #6 Save As
      #7 Save All
      #8 Export
      #9 Rename Document
      #10 Delete Document
      #11 Close Document
      #12 Close All
      #13 Go to Favorites
      #14 Add Favorites
      #15 New Outline
      #16 Add Heading
      #17 Copy Heading
      #18 Remove Heading
      #19 Print
      #20 Printer Settings
      #21 Cut
      #22 Copy
      #23 Copy All
      #24 Select All
      #25 Clear All
      #26 Paste
      #27 Paste New
      #28 Paste Date/Time
      #29 Page Break
      #30 Reload Document
      #31 Undo
      #32 Redo
      #33 Find Text
      #34 Replace Text
      #35 Search Again
      #36 Search Disk
      #37 Go to Line
      #38 Match Bracket
      #39 Left Align
      #40 Center Align
      #41 Right Align
      #42 Justify Align
      #43 Reformat Lines
      #44 Insert Bullets
      #45 Number Lines
      #46 Increase Indent
      #47 Decrease Indent
      #48 Join Lines
      #49 Split Lines
      #50 Sort Ascending
      #51 Sort Descending
      #52 Cut Block
      #53 Copy Block
      #54 Paste Block
      #55 Delete Block
      #56 Invert Case
      #57 Upper Case
      #58 Lower Case
      #59 Capitalize
      #60 Sentence
      #61 Document Properties
      #62 Toggle Word Wrap
      #63 Show Nonprinting
      #64 Font
      #65 Increase Font Size
      #66 Decrease Font Size
      #67 Second Window
      #68 Paste Board
      #69 Spell Check
      #70 Thesaurus
      #71 Text Statistics
      #72 Evaluate Expression
      #73 Open/close Clipbook
      #74 Copy to Clipbook
      #75 Cut to Clipbook
      #76 Expand Text
      #77 Quick List
      #78 Launch Document
      #79 Send Document
      #80 E-mail Quote
      #81 E-mail Unquote
      #82 View in Browser
      #83 View Other Browser
      #84 Open Link
      #85 Document to HTML
      #86 Characters to HTML
      #87 Strip HTML
      #88 Strip Tags
      #90 Help
      #91 Exit

      http://www.sureword.com/notetab

      The NoteTab Basic Discussion List
      mailto:NoteTab-Subscribe@...
      http://www.egroups.com/list/notetab
      Message 2 of 4 , Mar 3, 2000
        Hi Matthew and All,

        > I have begun creating clipbars for my frequently used scripts/clips.
        > I'd like to use different icons for each clip on the bar.

        Help yourself. ;) A couple of the sections does not have much yet
        like How to Make a Button. The How to Make a Clip, edit., etc. it
        just to get you started. Maybe more in the future...

        Information About the Clipbar
        http://www.sureword.com/notetab/html/clipbar.html#A01
        About the Clipbar
        http://www.sureword.com/notetab/html/clipbar.html#A02
        About the Buttons to Use
        http://www.sureword.com/notetab/html/clipbar.html#A03
        Where Can I get Buttons
        http://www.sureword.com/notetab/html/clipbar.html#A04
        How do I Make a Button
        http://www.sureword.com/notetab/html/clipbar.html#A05
        How to Add a Clip to the Clipbar
        http://www.sureword.com/notetab/html/clipbar.html#A06
        How to Change a Button on the Clipbar
        http://www.sureword.com/notetab/html/clipbar.html#A07
        How NoteTab's Buttons are Numbered
        http://www.sureword.com/notetab/html/clipbar.html#A08
        How to Make a Clipbook Library
        http://www.sureword.com/notetab/html/clipbar.html#A09
        How to Make a Clip
        http://www.sureword.com/notetab/html/clipbar.html#A10
        How to Delete a Clipbar or Library
        http://www.sureword.com/notetab/html/clipbar.html#A12

        http://www.sureword.com/notetab

        The NoteTab Basic Discussion List
        mailto:NoteTab-Subscribe@...
        http://www.egroups.com/list/notetab
      • Matthew Frank
        Message 3 of 4 , Mar 6, 2000
          Jody,

          That is an excellent resource. I've got it bookmarked for future
          reference. Now that I have all my icons set up correctly, I have found
          that I am having trouble with my clips which run Perl scripts.

          It seems that they only work when I have the clipbook open to that
          specific library. My guess it that the

          ^!RunPerl clipname

          command can't be interpreted correctly. Is there a way around this
          problem? Maybe directly specifying which clip the target is in?

          ^!RunPerl libraryname clipname

          Unfortunately, I can't find info on this in the NTP help file.