[NTB] Re: changing icons for clipbars

  • Larry Thomas
    Message 1 of 2 , Mar 3, 2000
      Hi Matthew,

      At 05:02 PM 3/3/2000 -0500, you wrote:
      >I have begun creating clipbars for my frequently used scripts/clips. I'd
      >like to use different icons for each clip on the bar. I have determined
      >that the number listed in the ctb file controls the icon, but how do I
      >determine the available icons without trying all the numbers? Is it
      >possible to use custom icons?

      Right click on any existing button and select "Button Properties". There
      are two tabs on the dialog that appears. "Toolbar Icons" shows the default
      toolbar icons that come with NoteTab. "Custom Icons" show the icons in any
      .bmp (bitmap) or .ico (icon) files that are located in the NoteTab
      Libraries folder. to change an icon just select it and the button will be
      changed. To add a new icon, just copy your bitmap icons or .ico icons to
      the NoteTab Libraries folder so you can select them. You should limit your
      custom icons to 200 or less. The more you have, the slower the dialog box
      will display them.

      Regards,

      Larry
      larryt@...
    • Carl Swann
      Message 2 of 2 , Mar 3, 2000
        "Frank, Matthew A" wrote:

        > I have begun creating clipbars for my frequently used scripts/clips. I'd
        > like to use different icons for each clip on the bar. I have determined
        > that the number listed in the ctb file controls the icon, but how do I
        > determine the available icons without trying all the numbers?

        Right click on an icon on the bar, select Button Properties. You'll
        see two tabs that have lots of icons to choose from.

        > Is it
        > possible to use custom icons?

        Yep - just place them in the Libraries folder. Bitmaps may also be
        used (.bmp files). The size that NoteTab defaults these files to, is
        18 x 18 pixels. After placing your ico or bmp files of choice in the
        Libraries folder, return to the Button Properties and use the tab to
        find your target icon. Choose it, and off you go!

        oOOo-(_)-oOOo