[NTB] changing icons for clipbars

  • Frank, Matthew A
    Message 1 of 4 , Mar 3, 2000
      I have begun creating clipbars for my frequently used scripts/clips. I'd
      like to use different icons for each clip on the bar. I have determined
      that the number listed in the ctb file controls the icon, but how do I
      determine the available icons without trying all the numbers? Is it
      possible to use custom icons?
      Message 2 of 4 , Mar 3, 2000
        Hi Matthew,

        > I have determined that the number listed in the ctb file
        > controls the icon, but how do I determine the available icons
        > without trying all the numbers?

        You can right click on the Clipbar and choose Button
        Properties... From there you can choose one of NoteTab's buttons
        or click on the second tab and choose one of your own provided
        you have one in the correct format in your Libraries folder.

        NoteTab's buttons are number in sequential order starting at
        zero. You may obtain a list of them from your NoteTab ini file
        found in its main folder. They will be listed under the Toolbar
        section. The "Space=..." entries (which are the separators) are
        not counted. I included at the bottom of the post each "Tool"
        for the Toolbar in Pro and their numbers.

        > Is it possible to use custom icons?

        Yes, this is a piece from a help thing I made for the Clipbar.
        Perhaps I will put the whole thing on the web.

        The icons (also known as images, buttons or glyphs) on the
        Clipbar must be either a .bmp or.ico format. The .bmp format is
        preferred over .ico because NoteTab has to change the format
        internally (not the file) in order to show it on the Clipbar.
        However, most users should not notice any difference in
        performance if .ico files are used.

        Images are made of many very tiny squares called pixels. The
        transparency is read from the bottom left pixel of the image.
        That means whatever color that pixel is, the same color in the
        image will not be seen on the Clipbar. You may have noticed some
        images you see on computers are square like a photograph and have
        a background. That is because there is no transparency set which
        may be due to the file type. Think of transparent as invisible.
        The size of the icon should be 18 by 18 pixels for best results.
        NoteTab will resize them to that; therefore, buttons that are not
        that size may get distorted. NoteTab's icons are available for
        you to use on the Clipbar. Custom icons must be kept in NoteTab's
        Library folder. The Clipbar uses the Toolbar's Options to
        determine whether the buttons are stacked or not.

        ----

        #0 New Document
        #1 Open Document
        #2 Open Template
        #3 Open File at Cursor
        #4 Open Document Link
        #5 Save Document
        #6 Save As
        #7 Save All
        #8 Export
        #9 Rename Document
        #10 Delete Document
        #11 Close Document
        #12 Close All
        #13 Go to Favorites
        #14 Add Favorites
        #15 New Outline
        #16 Add Heading
        #17 Copy Heading
        #18 Remove Heading
        #19 Print
        #20 Printer Settings
        #21 Cut
        #22 Copy
        #23 Copy All
        #24 Select All
        #25 Clear All
        #26 Paste
        #27 Paste New
        #28 Paste Date/Time
        #29 Page Break
        #30 Reload Document
        #31 Undo
        #32 Redo
        #33 Find Text
        #34 Replace Text
        #35 Search Again
        #36 Search Disk
        #37 Go to Line
        #38 Match Bracket
        #39 Left Align
        #40 Center Align
        #41 Right Align
        #42 Justify Align
        #43 Reformat Lines
        #44 Insert Bullets
        #45 Number Lines
        #46 Increase Indent
        #47 Decrease Indent
        #48 Join Lines
        #49 Split Lines
        #50 Sort Ascending
        #51 Sort Descending
        #52 Cut Block
        #53 Copy Block
        #54 Paste Block
        #55 Delete Block
        #56 Invert Case
        #57 Upper Case
        #58 Lower Case
        #59 Capitalize
        #60 Sentence
        #61 Document Properties
        #62 Toggle Word Wrap
        #63 Show Nonprinting
        #64 Font
        #65 Increase Font Size
        #66 Decrease Font Size
        #67 Second Window
        #68 Paste Board
        #69 Spell Check
        #70 Thesaurus
        #71 Text Statistics
        #72 Evaluate Expression
        #73 Open/close Clipbook
        #74 Copy to Clipbook
        #75 Cut to Clipbook
        #76 Expand Text
        #77 Quick List
        #78 Launch Document
        #79 Send Document
        #80 E-mail Quote
        #81 E-mail Unquote
        #82 View in Browser
        #83 View Other Browser
        #84 Open Link
        #85 Document to HTML
        #86 Characters to HTML
        #87 Strip HTML
        #88 Strip Tags
        #90 Help
        #91 Exit

        http://www.sureword.com/notetab

        The NoteTab Basic Discussion List
        mailto:NoteTab-Subscribe@...
        http://www.egroups.com/list/notetab
        Message 3 of 4 , Mar 3, 2000
          Hi Matthew and All,

          > I have begun creating clipbars for my frequently used scripts/clips.
          > I'd like to use different icons for each clip on the bar.

          Help yourself. ;) A couple of the sections does not have much yet
          like How to Make a Button. The How to Make a Clip, edit., etc. it
          just to get you started. Maybe more in the future...

          Information About the Clipbar
          http://www.sureword.com/notetab/html/clipbar.html#A01
          About the Clipbar
          http://www.sureword.com/notetab/html/clipbar.html#A02
          About the Buttons to Use
          http://www.sureword.com/notetab/html/clipbar.html#A03
          Where Can I get Buttons
          http://www.sureword.com/notetab/html/clipbar.html#A04
          How do I Make a Button
          http://www.sureword.com/notetab/html/clipbar.html#A05
          How to Add a Clip to the Clipbar
          http://www.sureword.com/notetab/html/clipbar.html#A06
          How to Change a Button on the Clipbar
          http://www.sureword.com/notetab/html/clipbar.html#A07
          How NoteTab's Buttons are Numbered
          http://www.sureword.com/notetab/html/clipbar.html#A08
          How to Make a Clipbook Library
          http://www.sureword.com/notetab/html/clipbar.html#A09
          How to Make a Clip
          http://www.sureword.com/notetab/html/clipbar.html#A10
          How to Delete a Clipbar or Library
          http://www.sureword.com/notetab/html/clipbar.html#A12

          http://www.sureword.com/notetab

          The NoteTab Basic Discussion List
          mailto:NoteTab-Subscribe@...
          http://www.egroups.com/list/notetab
        • Matthew Frank
          Message 4 of 4 , Mar 6, 2000
            Jody,

            That is an excellent resource. I've got it bookmarked for future
            reference. Now that I have all my icons set up correctly, I have found
            that I am having trouble with my clips which run Perl scripts.

            It seems that they only work when I have the clipbook open to that
            specific library. My guess it that the

            ^!RunPerl clipname

            command can't be interpreted correctly. Is there a way around this
            problem? Maybe directly specifying which clip the target is in?

            ^!RunPerl libraryname clipname

            Unfortunately, I can't find info on this in the NTP help file.