[NTB] WordWrap Toggle problems

  • Michael Gerholdt
    Message 1 of 2 , Mar 3, 2000
      A week or two ago I posted that I was having difficulty with screen display
      in NoteTab when toggling WordWrap.

      Eric suggested that it sounded like a screen-refresh problem, and I have
      decided that it is. I can't cure it by doing gymnastics of any sort in
      NoteTab Pro, but if I switch to another application entirely and then back,
      the display is corrected.

      Guess I shoulda got a PCI card with more than 4 Mb on it!

      Fortunately, it is not a frequent occurrence.

      It does seem slightly strange to me that this is the only place I notice
      this type of screen refresh problems. As I said before, when I do fast
      scrolling, I can make the display burble a bit but other than that it is
      satisfactory.

      Obviously toggling WordWrap results in a screen display change, but is that
      hit on the video particularly demanding? Wouldn't seem so to me!

      Please note that most of the time it doesn't happen, and I can't even force
      it to happen by toggling a lot. Even if I scowl while toggling.

      Michael Gerholdt
      SUNY College at Fredonia
      Message 2 of 2 , Mar 3, 2000
        Hi Michael,

        > Obviously toggling WordWrap results in a screen display change,
        > but is that hit on the video particularly demanding? Wouldn't
        > seem so to me!
        >
        > Please note that most of the time it doesn't happen, and I
        > can't even force it to happen by toggling a lot. Even if I
        > scowl while toggling.

        If you can force it on an HTML file with highlighting on, try
        temporarily renaming the file to a non HTML type or turning the
        highlighting off. See if it still happens. I'm not suggesting
        that the highlighting is the problem nor to do that for a
        workaround, but NoteTab has more to do displaying the colors.

        http://www.sureword.com/notetab

        The NoteTab Basic Discussion List
        mailto:NoteTab-Subscribe@...
        http://www.egroups.com/list/notetab