[NTB] Re: default Open behavior

  • Forrest
    Message 1 of 5 , Mar 3, 2000
      J>Look in Options under File Filters and move the want you want
      >as the default to the top of the list.

      That's how I thought it would work, but it doesn't.
      Example: I just made a .zip file spec (for illustration) and
      set it in the -middle- of the File Filters list. I do an Open
      & select the .zip spec in the dialog; open a zip file; close
      the zip file; quit NTP; restart NTP; do an Open -- and the
      dialog comes up with the .zip spec active. Whichever spec
      was active at the last successful Open carries over.
      (Which some might find desirable behavior...)
      Message 2 of 5 , Mar 5, 2000
        Hi Forrest,

        >> Look in Options under File Filters and move the want you want
        >> as the default to the top of the list.
        >
        > Whichever spec was active at the last successful Open carries
        > over.

        Actually I told you wrong because I thought Eric had fixed that
        at one time. It is back to the way it was before or it never
        changed. You need to put what you want to use for the default
        open file filter in the third position from the top. This...

        html
        ini
        *.*

        ...would set all file types as your open default filter.

        http://www.sureword.com/notetab

        The NoteTab Basic Discussion List
        mailto:NoteTab-Subscribe@...
        http://www.egroups.com/list/notetab
        Message 3 of 5 , Mar 6, 2000
          Hi Forrest,

          I send my apologies to everyone that may have been following this
          thread. Myself fooled me. ;) So, scratch from memory everything
          I have said on this up to this point.

          No matter what file filter is used in the Open or Save dialogs,
          it will be the next one to come up as the default until changed
          by using the all file types filter (*.*). The up/down arrows
          that control the position in the File filters options controls
          where they are displayed in the dialogs.

          The two most common elements in the
          universe are hydrogen and stupidity.

          Signed,
          I. Claim Ignorance