[NTB] new question

  • Harvey R. Savage
    Message 1 of 6 , Feb 18, 2000
      Jody,

      I have a question I haven't seen in any of the posts. What are
      those files that keep appearing in the NTP and Libraries
      directories with the B00 and B01 extensions? They appear to be
      copies of some of the clipbook files.

      hrs

      --
      ¿? Harvey R. Savage
      ¿? 40 Golf Course Road
      Message 2 of 6 , Feb 18, 2000
        "harvey r. savage" <hsavag-@...> wrote:
        original article:http://www.egroups.com/group/notetab/?start=7306
        > ... What are
        > those files that keep appearing in the NTP and Libraries
        > directories with the B00 and B01 extensions?

        These are incremental backup files.
        I take it you have been altering the clippbook(s)?
        This option can be set via the View | Options | Files dialog.
        I assume 'Make Backups' is checked and 'Backup Type' is 'Incremental'.
        To stop making these backups, simply click (uncheck) 'Make Backups'.
        To make only one backup per file, change 'Backup Type' to either other
        type.

        -- C.B.
        Message 3 of 6 , Feb 18, 2000
          Hi Harvey,

          > I have a question I haven't seen in any of the posts. What are
          > those files that keep appearing in the NTP and Libraries
          > directories with the B00 and B01 extensions? They appear to be
          > copies of some of the clipbook files.

          Most likely in the case you are probably referring to they are
          NoteTab generated on an install of NoteTab over an existing copy.
          While they can be a nuisance it is good that it is done, because
          if somebody had done a lot of work in one of NoteTab's Libraries
          and installed over them without thinking, they would loose all
          their work. In short, BOO files are backup and can be safely
          deleted.

          http://www.sureword.com/notetab

          The NoteTab Basic Discussion List
          mailto:NoteTab-Subscribe@...
          http://www.egroups.com/list/notetab
          Message 4 of 6 , Feb 19, 2000
            Hi Harvey,

            > In short, [NoteTab generated] BOO files [on a re-install] are
            > backup and can be safely deleted if there is none of your work
            > to save in them.

            I like that a bit better. ;)

            nite all...

            http://www.sureword.com/notetab

            The NoteTab Basic Discussion List
            mailto:NoteTab-Subscribe@...
            http://www.egroups.com/list/notetab
          • Brian Binder
            Message 5 of 6 , Mar 1, 2002
              You can go to View-->Options-->Files-->Make Backups and uncheck that box.

              It makes a backup copy before updating the file to disk.

              I turn mine off too - it gets too annoying for me.

              Brian

              Message 6 of 6 , Mar 1, 2002
                thanks brian

                roxanne