[NTB] Re: Removing Hard CRs

  • Tim Rowe
    Message 1 of 14 , Feb 2, 2000
      jody <kjb161-@...> wrote:

      > NoteTab uses the ^p token to do that.

      Many thanks Jody!

      Best,
      Tim
    • Sleepless in Seattle
      Message 2 of 14 , Feb 5, 2000
        Tim Rowe wrote:

        > > NoteTab uses the ^p token to do that.

        Is there a glossary I could refer to, so I could find out what
        some of the terms that you guys use mean?

        For example, Jody mentioned a "token." And in another message
        Larry Thomas use the term, what was it now, something like
        "refocus."

        I think I get the general drift of what you guys are saying from
        the context, but it would certainly be helpful if I had a
        dictionary of computer lingo to refer to.

        Is there a web page where something like that is available?
        Message 3 of 14 , Feb 5, 2000
          Hi Sleepless,

          >> NoteTab uses the ^p token to do that.
          >>
          > Is there a glossary I could refer to, so I could find out what
          > some of the terms that you guys use mean?

          Open Help and click on the Find tab. Type in "token." Click on
          Find and Replace. Look about 3/4ths down the page.

          When you pull up to the toll booth in your car sometimes you hand
          the person a token to cross the bridge. It is an object of some
          type that represents the fare for getting across. The real fare
          cannot be seem at that time though. Likewise, line breaks, tabs
          etc. are hidden to us. Programmers make it possible for us to
          "see" them with the use of characters called tokens. We can then
          search for those hidden characters.

          > Is there a web page where something like that is available?

          I sometimes go away scratching my head even more after reading
          some of the definitions, but here is one:

          http://wombat.doc.ic.ac.uk/foldoc/

          http://www.sureword.com/notetab

          The NoteTab Basic Discussion List
          mailto:NoteTab-Subscribe@...
          http://www.egroups.com/list/notetab
        • Sleepless in Seattle
          Message 4 of 14 , Feb 5, 2000
            Jody wrote:

            > Open Help and click on the Find tab. Type in "token." Click on
            > Find and Replace. Look about 3/4ths down the page.

            OK, I opened help [clicked on "Help Topics" since you didn't
            specify which one; but it seemed to work OK], clicked the "Find"
            tab and then typed in "token."

            But now I'm stumped.

            I don't see any "Find and Replace" button.

            Here's what I do see:

            Clear
            Find similar (grayed out)
            Find now (greed out)
            Rebuild
            Display
            Print (greed out)
            Cancel
          • Harvey R. Savage
            Message 5 of 14 , Feb 5, 2000
              Hi Jody,

              A bad link, Netscape says it can't find the server.

              hrs

              --
              ¿? Harvey R. Savage
              ¿? 40 Golf Course Road
              Message 6 of 14 , Feb 5, 2000
                Hi Harvey,

                > A bad link, Netscape says it can't find the server.

                >> http://wombat.doc.ic.ac.uk/foldoc/

                IE5 found it just fine when I tried before posting.

              • rainmark@att.net
                Message 7 of 14 , Feb 5, 2000
                  Hi,
                  I'm using Netscape tonight and I got there OK from that
                  link. Try again. Just a temp glitch.

                  Message 8 of 14 , Feb 5, 2000
                    Hi Sleepless,

                    >> Open Help and click on the Find tab. Type in "token." Click
                    >> on Find and Replace. Look about 3/4ths down the page.
                    >
                    > OK, I opened help [clicked on "Help Topics" since you didn't
                    > specify which one; but it seemed to work OK], clicked the
                    > "Find" tab and then typed in "token."

                    When we tell folk to go to Help we simply mean to open Help.
                    Both Help items on the Help menu get you to the same Help file -
                    there is only one (less Mini-NoteTab). I normally use the Index
                    or Find tab depending on what I am looking for. Anyway, by the
                    numbers:

                    1. Open Help.
                    2. Click on the Find tab.
                    3. Type in tokens.
                    4. Look in the large screen at the bottom of the Help dialog.
                    5. There is a menu to choose from.
                    6. At the bottom of what is visible, click on Find and Replace
                    Dialog Boxes.
                    7. You will see some discussion on Tokens towards the bottom
                    of the window as soon as it opens.

                    You would do well to read the whole section while you are there.

                    Some users find it real helpful to print out the whole Help file
                    and read it that way. You might consider that.

                    Message 9 of 14 , Feb 5, 2000
                      Hi Mark,

                      >I'm using Netscape tonight and I got there OK from that
                      >link. Try again. Just a temp glitch.

                      Hope you did not take the wet noodle post too hard - nothing
                      directed at you personal.

                      In Jesus' Love,
                      Bro. Jody Adair
                      Prov. 3:5-7; 4:23

                      Behold, I send you forth as sheep in the midst of wolves:
                      be ye therefore wise as serpents, and harmless as doves.
                      Matthew 10:16

                      (o o)
                      oOOo-(_)-oOOo

                      http://www.sureword.com/kjb1611
                    • Lloyd
                      Message 10 of 14 , Feb 6, 2000
                        >Jody wrote:
                        >
                        > > Open Help and click on the Find tab. Type in "token." Click on
                        > > Find and Replace. Look about 3/4ths down the page.
                        >
                        >OK, I opened help [clicked on "Help Topics" since you didn't
                        >specify which one; but it seemed to work OK], clicked the "Find"
                        >tab and then typed in "token."

                        Try "Help Topics"/Index, type in 'find' and select 'find in file' then
                        display.

                        Lloyd
                      • Lloyd
                        Message 11 of 14 , Feb 6, 2000
                          Hi Harvey,

                          I am with you. My Netscape can't find it either.

                          Lloyd
                          ~~~~~~~~~~
                          >Hi Harvey,
                          >
                          > > A bad link, Netscape says it can't find the server.
                          >
                          > >> http://wombat.doc.ic.ac.uk/foldoc/
                          >
                          >IE5 found it just fine when I tried before posting.
                          >
                          >Happy NoteTab'n,
                          >Jody Adair
                        • Sleepless in Seattle
                          Message 12 of 14 , Feb 8, 2000
                            Jody wrote:

                            > Some users find it real helpful to print out the whole Help file
                            > and read it that way. You might consider that.

                            That would be great for me since I have difficulty sitting at my
                            computer screen for more than a few minutes at a time before the
                            pain becomes so distracting that I have to lie down. If I had
                            the help file on paper, I could read it while I'm lying down.

                            How may pages are we talking about here?

                            I've got a klunky old dot-matrix printer, and I don't know how
                            many more pages she's got left in her.