[NTB] How to rename file w/ no extension?

  • Sleepless in Seattle
    Message 1 of 1 , Feb 2, 2000
      I've got NT beta set up with a document list along the left side of
      the screen.

      One of the files was named NEWSRC.TXT.

      I right clicked on it and then clicked "Rename..."

      In the Rename box I deleted the ".txt" and then clicked "OK."

      But the name of the file in the document list still showed the
      ".txt" extension.

      So I tried deleting the "txt" and leaving the "dot" like this
      "NEWSRC." and that seemed to work.

      But I'm puzzling over that dot at the end of the file name. Is it
      invisible to the operating system? Will Win95 and other programs
      recognize the file as "NEWSRC" without the dot?