[NTB] Re: Keyboard Command to Select a Line of Text?

  • Nandyala S Nagesh
    Message 1 of 3 , Feb 2, 2000
      Dear Sleepless,
      I don't know about NT Pro,(I am using Light) but pertaining to any
      text editor one thing must be true. The following sequence of
      operations must give the
      required result.
      1. Go to the first charecter of the line ( By pressing HOME from
      Keyboard)
      2. Hold SHIFT down and press END ( Keyboard)
      By this time the entire line should be selected.

      -- Nagesh

      sleepless in seattle <desvelad-@...> wrote:
      original article:http://www.egroups.com/group/notetab/?start=6939

      > Does NoteTab Pro have a built in keyboard command that will select
      > (highlight) a line of text?
    • Wayne VanWeerthuizen
      Message 2 of 3 , Feb 2, 2000
        "Nandyala S Nagesh" <nnagesh@...> wrote:

        >Dear Sleepless,
        > I don't know about NT Pro,(I am using Light) but pertaining to any
        >text editor one thing must be true. The following sequence of
        >operations must give the
        > required result.
        > 1. Go to the first charecter of the line ( By pressing HOME from
        >Keyboard)
        > 2. Hold SHIFT down and press END ( Keyboard)
        > By this time the entire line should be selected.

        By the way, it is often better to use: HOME, SHIFT+DOWN
        When cutting and pasting hard-wrapped lines (each line has
        a end of line character after it), this copies the end of
        line characters too.

        --
        Wayne M. VanWeerthuizen