[NTB] HTML Question: Cellspacing Tag

  • Planetwax@aol.com
    Message 1 of 6 , Feb 1, 2000
      Hi there NTBers!

      I have a simple HTML question. Whenever I try to turn the Cellspacing tag
      to 0, I still see lines when I check in the browser. What am I doing wrong?

      Thanks,
      Janet
    • loro@post.netlink.se
      Message 2 of 6 , Feb 1, 2000
        Hallo Janet,

        Since there just has been a discussion on which topic shall go on which list I have posted an answer at the html-list. If you don't subscribe to it you can do so at
        http://www.egroups.com/list/ntb-html
        Hope you do, it can use a few more postings!

        See you
        Lotta

        At 06:56 2000-02-02 , you wrote:
        Hi there NTBers!

        I have a simple HTML question.  Whenever I try to turn the  Cellspacing tag
        to 0, I still see lines when I check in the browser.  What am I doing wrong?

        Thanks,
        Janet

        GET A NEXTCARD VISA, in 30 seconds!  Get rates as low as 0.0%
        Intro or 9.9% Fixed APR and no hidden fees.  Apply NOW!
        http://click.egroups.com/1/911/4/_/2478/_/949470965/

        -- http://www.egroups.com/cal?listname=notetab&m=1

      • loro@post.netlink.se
        Message 3 of 6 , Feb 1, 2000
          Janet,
          You can also mail you subscription

          ntb-html-subscribe@...

          Bye/Lotta

        • Don Daugherty
          Message 4 of 6 , Feb 2, 2000
            At 12:56 AM 2/2/2000 EST, you wrote:
            >Hi there NTBers!
            >
            >I have a simple HTML question. Whenever I try to turn the Cellspacing tag
            >to 0, I still see lines when I check in the browser. What am I doing wrong?
            >
            >Thanks,
            >Janet

            Hi
            What you need is <Table Border=0 ... >. "CellSpacing" has a bad
            definition in my book, "... space between borders of table cells and the
            border of adjacent cells" I think its more like an internal margin within
            the cell. Anyway, Border=0 sets the thickness of the border to zero and
            makes it disappear.
          • Planetwax@aol.com
            Message 5 of 6 , Feb 2, 2000
              Thanks for the answers, guys!

              Janet
            • Frieling-Verlag
              Message 6 of 6 , Feb 3, 2000
                Hello Janet,

                it might also be necessary to set cellpadding=0.

                Herbert Braun, Berlin