[NTB] Things-to-do List

  • Sleepless in Seattle
    Message 1 of 1 , Feb 1, 2000
      I have a bunch of macros for an old MS-DOS text editor that allow
      me to sort items on a "Things-to-do" list.

      I'd like to try to transfer that list from my DOS computer over to
      my Windows computer, and use NoteTab for maintaining the list.

      The list is divided horizontally into prioritized sections like
      this:

      1. URGENT
      -----------------------------------------------------AAAAA

      2. HIGH PRIORTY
      -----------------------------------------------BBBBB

      3. LOW PRIORITY
      -----------------------------------------------CCCCC

      [The multiple letters at the end of each divider are what "Find"
      command in the macros searches for to find the top of each
      category.]

      I have macros to execute these editing commands:

      Ctrl-Tab Select current line
      Ctrl-1 Move selected line to 1st Priority (URGENT)
      Ctrl-2 Move selected line to 2nd Priority (HIGH PRIORITY)
      Ctrl-3 Move selected line to 3rd Priority (LOW PRIORITY)
      Alt-1 Move cursor to first line of 1st Priority
      Alt-2 Move cursor to first line of 2nd Priority
      Alt-3 Move cursor to first line of 3rd Prioity

      I use the WS Ctrl-Y command to delete a line
      and the WS Ctrl KH command to unselct text.

      Is it possible to create these macros in NoteTab?